Fast-paced operational environment seeks talented engineers to support the National Weather Service mission. Stop watching the weather on TV and you phone and get involved with delivering weather data to the public and commercial sectors. Your actions can help save lives directly.
AceInfo Solutions is looking to hire a Linux System Administrator (2nd Shift 3:00pm-11:30pm) who will be an integral part of the day-to-day operations of a very large data center at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). NOAA observes models and delivers weather and climate data to the entire United States (CONUS and OCONUS), its territories, the waters it navigates and other related interests. The Senior Linux System Administrator will be supporting mission-critical systems hosted on physical and virtual servers in an active clustering environment.
If you are Red Hat aficionado, have scripting and automation skills and have some specialized experience (NetApp, Ansible, Puppet, Cloud, etc.) to support the daily NOAA Weather Mission of delivering the weather information to the United States and its territories/interests, this is the position for you!
Duties & Responsibilities
· Expert knowledge of a variety of Linux/Unix operating systems and specific experience with REL7
· Excellent troupleshooting skills, especially in an operational environment
· Knowledge of scripting languages including Perl, Python, shell scripting, and related tools
· Willing to perform rotational on-call support and/or non-standard working hours in a 24x7/365 operational environment
· Experienmce with scripting tools (e.g. Perl, Pythoin, etc.) and automation tools (e.g. Ansible, Puppet)
· Experience with monitoring tools such as Big Brother, Check_MK Nagios and others
· Experience with configuration management and automation tools in a data center environment
· Ability to manage multiple competing priorities effectively
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· General Red Hat Linux system administration, security patching, OS upgrades, troubleshooting problems, and ensuring maximum availability.
· Write system scripts for daily administration and has ability to document system infrastructure.
· Install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software and hardware related problems.
· Perform system backups and recovery.
· Maintains system and application data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity
· Monitors system health and configurations in order to ensure system health and functionality as well as remediate problems/issues in a timely manner.
· Six(6) or more years of relevant experience
· U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is required for the position.
· Candidate must successfully pass a Federal Background Investigation.
· Operational experience in a 24x7x365 environment
· Willing and able to work non-standard hours (evenings, nights)
· NetApp or VMWare expertise
· Perl and/or Python scripting expertise
· Ansible and/or Puppet expertise
· PostgreSQL and/or MySQL experience
· Akami and/or Big Brother experiene
This Shift will be 2nd Shift (3:00pm-11:30pm)
Ace Info Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.