Who We Seek:
What You Will Do:
- Passion Seekers. You genuinely care about the work that you do and its impact on society.
- Self-Starters. You're a go-getter who isn't afraid to step up and disrupt the status quo.
- Entrepreneurs. You bring fresh ideas to the table, work hard, develop business and consistently seek new challenges.
- Collaborators. You're a great contributor to a high performing team that accomplishes great feats for our clients.
Attain is seeking a Linux System administrator who will provide the support, administration, and maintenance necessary to ensure effective and efficient information technology system performance and security.
- Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains server configurations (hardware and software) to ensure their confidentiality, integrity, and availability. Manages accounts, firewalls, and patches. Responsible for access control, passwords, and account creation and administration
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining a system or specific components of a Linux system (e.g. for example, installing, configuring, and updating hardware and software; establishing and managing user accounts; overseeing or conducting backup and recovery tasks; implementing operational and technical security controls; and adhering to organizational security policies and procedures). Responsible for installing Linux software on the server, adapting third party packages to the environment, ensuring security settings, and integrating communication protocols.
- Responsible for application maintenance, including implementing code updates from the development team
- Communicate and explain systems architectures, designs and implementation strategies to the customer
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly tasks to maintain in scope applications
- Install patches, new versions and other software consistent with change management processes
- Provide support for Linux Servers and Infrastructure, both on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and on-site
- Develop documentation for the administration and engineering of Linux environments (hardware and software)
- Plans upgrades of applications and designs systems enhancements
- Develops documentation on new or existing systems
- Develops and conducts tests to ensure solutions meet documented user requirements.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility
Years of Experience:
- Database (MSSQL and MySQL) as well as Tomcat and Java experience
- Experience with a number of widely-available development and administrative tools, languages, databases, and frameworks such as LAMP Server, Apache, Python, JBoss, Tomcat, PHP and Laravel
- Formal project process experience and work flow management skills are highly desired
5+ years IT experience with a minimum of 4 years as a system administrator supporting Linux environments Certifications:
AWS ceritification, ITIL Foundations certification is a plus Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related degree from an accredited institution About Us:
Attain is a place for great ideas and the people who have them. As a digital solutions, management, and strategy consulting firm, our professionals provide innovative solutions to revolutionize government, education, health, and nonprofit organizations and positively impact those they serve. We are business analysts, technologists, digital strategists, managers of change, and forward thinkers, with the entrepreneurial drive to shape the future. With a nationwide presence, our team is in 40 states and the District of Columbia. Visit www.attain.com/careers
to explore your path forward with Attain. Attain is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws. For more Information visit EEO
, EEO Poster Supplement
, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
, and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)