The mission of the OFR is to support the Financial Stability Oversight Council (FSOC) in promoting financial stability by: collecting data on behalf of FSOC; providing such data to FSOC and member agencies; standardizing the types and formats of data reported and collected; performing applied research and essential long-term research; developing tools for risk measurement and monitoring; performing other related services; making the results of the activities of the OFR available to financial regulatory agencies; and assisting such member agencies in determining the types of formats of data authorized to be collected by such member agencies.
The customer analytical environment is comprised of a range of services that support Researchers and Analysts. Primary operational components include a range of open source and commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products within a variety of environments including Microsoft, Linux, and application frameworks that support data-intensive distributed applications including Hadoop, SLURM, Bright Computing, PostgreSQL, and MS SQL. Processing occurs on both physical and virtual platforms.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Support and Administer Red Hat Enterprise Linux Systems including patch management (Red Hat Satellite), configuration management (Ansible), and end-user support.
• Support migration of existing systems and services from Red Hat Enterprise Linux v6 to newer Linux Operating Systems.
• Support and maintain existing and future virtual and physical systems including load balancing, patching, and compliance.Job Requirements
Education & Experience
• 5 or more years of IT experience as a Systems Administrator or Systems Engineer support Linux Systems
• Experience with Windows PowerShell scripting.
• Candidate required skills and past performance:
o Skilled in LINUX OS deployment, management, configuration, upgrades and support
o Skilled in using Ansible to manage numerous LINUX systems configurations
o Skilled in managing physical hardware (firmware, lights-out management, etc)
• Must have experience in the following technologies:
o Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) v6, v7
o Red Hat Satellite Software Installation and Patch Management
o Ansible Configuration Management (DevOps)
• Preference given for experience in the following technologies:
- VMWare Virtualization Stack: ESXi, vSphere, etc
- Amazon Web Services (AWS: EC2, S3, Workspaces, etc)
- Amazon Linux, CentOS
- Microsoft Windows Systems Administration
- Relational Database Management Systems (postgresql, mysql)
- Federal-level Systems Hardening (DISA STIG, CIS, etc)
- High-Performance Computing Grid Technologies (SLURM, SGE, etc)
- Centrify/Active Directory Integration
- Statistical and Research Applications: MATLAB, STATA, SAS, Python, R, etc.
- Virtual Desktop (VDI)
• Excellent written and verbal communications
• Preference given for Red Hat certifications
• Preference given for Amazon Web Services certification
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust Security clearance
Other (Travel, Work Environment, DoD 8570 Requirements, Administrative Notes, etc.)
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
EEO is the Law: [ Link Removed ]