Job Title: Linux System Administrator
Location: Fairfield, NJ
Hotels at Home is a rapidly growing Ecommerce company that pioneered the hospitality retail service. As an industry leader, we offer hotel guests the opportunity to enjoy their favorite room amenities and furnishings in the comfort of their own home by allowing them to shop hotel exclusive merchandise they experienced during their stay. Some of our products include bedroom accessories, bath amenities, beds, pillows and linens. With the help of our services, we are bringing portable hotel quality for guests to enjoy long after checkout.
We are seeking a Linux System Administrator who will be responsible for the management of the organizations expanding Linux footprint running in the AWS cloud. You will be the senior Linux admin on the team ensuring the availability, performance, scalability and security of these systems. This person will also handle the trouble shooting of all the LAMP stack related items.
- Server installations and decommissions
- LAMP Stack troubleshooting (apache, php, MySQL, OS, etc)
- Experience with apache web server, caching solutions, and php and shell scripting
- Participate in off hours on call support rotation
- Ensuring network and business continuity through the consistency and maintainability of existing operational platform, including servers (both physical and virtual), networking and telecommunications.
- Identification and resolution of network, hardware and software related failures and issues.
- Work with IT and other Senior Management to develop strategies and plans to enhance services and improve systems effectiveness.
- Participate with IT Director in regular security audits or internal systems and public facing sites
- Root cause analysis, managing technology issues and leading appropriate remedial actions.
- Documenting existing and new processes, IT policies, procedures, network and system diagrams.
- Assistance with coordinating upgrades and updates to newer technologies, determining impact and best implementation practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least 3+ years of Linux System Administration
- Strong understanding of both Debian and Ubuntu
- Shell/Python or other programming experience
- Solid understanding of web server technologies such as configuration of apache and php v5 & 7
- Ability to problem solve and implement solutions quickly
- Proven ability to maintain high level of dependability
- Passionate about working with people to solve their technical issues
- Strong ability to multitask and customer service mentality
- Eager to learn, be taught and be resourceful
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
- AWS Knowledge would be a plus
What We Offer
Hotels at Home has a diverse culture that is fun and relaxed and we offer paid time off, 401k with company match, and health insurance options.
For employment consideration please email your resume and any additional documents to
Human Resources at .
All employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal history background check and drug screening.