SAIC is looking to fill a position for an experienced Linux System Administrator, experienced with automation and orchestration tools such as Ansible, Puppet, and Chef. Experience in UNIX, Linux, and/or Windows Operating System (OS), including file management, scripting, editing, and security. Experience with a variety of programming languages, software, or tools to develop regular or ad-hoc queries from large data-sets. Familiar with network communication protocols, and other related protocols. Ability to implement solutions integrating Rest application program interface (API) based web services.
Candidate must be interested in multiple disciplines related to IT infrastructure, including automation and application support. This position will involve work in various IT areas, with a focus on how infrastructure supports application and service delivery for current operations and modernization efforts. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management of Information Systems, or relevant discipline and 2 years or more of experience or equivalent
- Experience deploying and supporting IT infrastructure in a Linux environment (administration of physical or virtual compute, network, or storage components)
- Experience in application support and integration with IT infrastructure
- Experience in programming/scripting (such as Shell, BASH, python)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to explain complex ideas clearly and concisely
- No clearance to start; must be able to obtain and maintain a Q clearance.
- Understanding of various IT systems and technologies such as hardware, operating systems (Linux, Windows), networking, and virtualization
- Experience with Content Delivery Systems (CDS)
- Experience with Managed File Transfer (MFT) Solutions (such as data diodes)
- Experience with automation and orchestration tools such as Ansible
- Experience with Virtualization
- Knowledge of modern IT approaches and tools (Dev/Ops, CI/CD, Everything as Code, Software Defined Systems)
- Knowledge of Network Administration
- Ability to work on multiple projects with varying priorities
- An active Secret/DOE L or Top Secret/DOE Q level security clearance
My SAIC Benefits.