SAIC is seeking a mid-level Linux System Administrator experienced with Windows servers 2019, Ubuntu 14/16 and CentOS 6/7 operating systems to join a newly formed Operations and Maintenance Team. The candidate must be able to support a second shift schedule, 5 days a week (Monday - Friday) from 1200 - 2000 or 1300 - 2200, as well as occasional off-hours support
(8 hour shifts within those time frames).
The Linux System Administrator will be responsible for maintaining, scheduling, executing software and hardware upgrades, patches, and reconfigurations; identifying and troubleshooting hardware and software issues with workstations and servers; and continuous system monitoring. The candidate must be able to read, create, and maintain detailed documentation; be willing to partake in group collaboration and project planning; and effectively communicate issues and resolutions to all levels within the organization. Qualifications
- 3-5 years of Linux system administration experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Systems Administration, Information Technology, or closely related field, or 8+ years equivalent working experience
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with Linux administration, to include familiarity with troubleshooting network, local storage, and programs/utilities issues; working understanding of IPtables, tcpdump, OpenVPM.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with virtualization experience with vSphere (vCenter/ESXi hosts) and troubleshooting virtual machine/operating systems in virtual environments
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with creating, updating, and executing basic scripting (batch, PowerShell, BASH, Python)
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with Cloud Service Providers and administration (i.e. AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with automation tools (Ansible, CloudFormation, etc.)
- RedHat Certified System Administrator (RHSCA)
- Hands-on experience with Windows domain setup, group policy, and user account administration
My SAIC Benefits.