Please note that this is a 4 months contract position.
Job Description: The client produces better business outcomes for their clients through their comprehensive Infrastructure Technology Outsourcing Services. Their service excellence, with consistent globally delivered standardized services guarantees clients peace of mind, while their ability to drive innovation ensures clients a compelling strategy for the future.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual for the role of BladeLogic Server Automation Engineer. The successful candidate will design and implement a set of BladeLogic Automation based solutions to effectively meet server management and automation requirements. As an SME, the individual will also be responsible for resolving complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple solution factors/components.
Qualifications: Education and Experience Required
• 4+ years of relevant professional experience and a Bachelor degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other related field; without a degree, three (3) additional years of relevant professional experience (7 years in total).
• Minimum 4+ years of system administration of Enterprise Systems/Server Management experience using, building, and maintaining systems/infrastructures associated with the following OS types:
o Red Hat Linux
• 4+ years of experience installing and administering BMC BladeLogic Server Automation products/modules:
o Bladelogic Server Automation
o Bladelogic Server Automation / Security Ops (SecOps)
o BladeLogic Server Automation / Decision Support
o Bladelogic Database Administration
o Bladelogic Network Automation
• Strong understanding of network, firewalls, routers and IP filters
• Experience with Linux/Unix scripting (PERL, Python, Shell)
• Working knowledge of SNMPv2 / SNMPv3
• Experience with ticketing systems (HP Service Manager, HP Service Center, Remedy, ServiceNow)
• Incident and Event Management experience
• BMC BladeLogic Server Automation Certification
• ITIL v3 certification
Additional Education and Experience desired:
• Working knowledge of Universal Discovery
• Working knowledge of Operations Orchestration (HPOO)
• Working knowledge of BMC Atrium CMDB / HPE Universal CMDB (uCMDB)
• Working knowledge of BMC Atrium Orchestrator
• Working knowledge of OMi/BSM/Operations Bridge
• Working knowledge of BMC Remedy
• Technical knowledge and understanding of distributed systems, shared infrastructure, Web-based applications. This includes but not limited to Cisco, Sun Microsystems, BMC, EMC, WebSphere, WebLogic, MS SQL, Oracle, Network Security Concepts, Virtualization Technology, High-availability & Clustering, Cloud Infrastructure Computing, and SAN and NAS Technologies
• Solid skills in using MS Project, MS Office and SharePoint
Detailed Description and Comments/Instructions:
• Ability to quickly and effectively understand, at a detailed level, the architectural dependencies of technologies in use within an IT environment
• Reviews system requirements and application dependencies to determine Server Automation solutions
• Responsible for designing and implementing solutions within the framework of DXC’s Global Tools Engineering specifications, methodologies, and practical application of ITIL practices and processes which includes the creation of relevant technical documentation as required
• Collaborates with project managers, architects and all levels of management to execute on strategic and tactical goals
• Possesses strong Project Management skills and is able to independently complete solution design and implementation deliverables
• Serves as the escalation point (L4) for the support team providing product and solution expertise in the analysis and resolution of Incident Management cases
• Responsible for keeping abreast of new and emerging technologies
For consideration, please reference job number 1561.
San Francisco, CAContact