Apex Systems Inc., is immediately seeking a Linux Systems Admin (CSA 4)
who is a self-starter, highly organized, has a strong drive for quality, and eagerness to learn/grow. This position will support an enterprise level government integrator, and offer a strong upside for growth within the organization.Client:
Enterprise Government Integrator Location:
Linthicum, MD Compensation:
Competitive based on years of relevant experience & education Clearance:
Must be able to maintain an active TS/SCI CI-PolyDescription of Work:
- Design, test, and implement secure Linux (RedHat) Servers
- Utilize compliance tools (ACAS/Nessus/SCAP) and to implement security controls.
- Document proper technical policies/procedures based on RMF, DCID 6/3 and ICD503 compliance requirements
- Patch and upgrade to remove or protect from vulnerabilities
- Assist with continued Windows and Linux integration projects
- Develop customized solutions to customer/user requirements. Ensure hardware and software compatibility and project computer capacity and capabilities
- Provide day to day support for development staff
- Maintain and support virtualized environment using VMware
- Support the Linux RHEL & CentOS environment
- Work with the team and application sponsors to resolve issues that arise in the daily administration of the UNIX/Linux environment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems for all applications.
- Assist in troubleshooting and problem resolution on Linux systems - performance, health, configuration
- Perform daily system checks, review and respond to events reflected in various management and monitoring tools
- Conduct system audit reviews and perform maintenance functions as required to ensure system health
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, system components
- Active TS/SCI with CI-Poly
- Bachelor's Degree with 9+ years of experience or 13+ years of relevant work experience in lieu of degree. Degree must be in a Software Engineering, Computer Sciences, Communication, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- Must be DOD 8570 IAT Compliant; Security+, CCNA Security, GSEC, CASP, CISA, CISSP, GCIH
- Certified with one of the following: RHCSA, RHCE, RHCA, RHCVA
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience with Linux environments, to include hands on experience implementing and standing up server environments with RHEL v5, 6 & 7
- Must have in-depth experience implementing/utilizing Docker
- Experience with compliance tools such as ACAS/Nessus/SCAP
- Hands on experience standing up/implementing new Linux servers, as well as patching and performing upgrades to remove or protect from vulnerabilities in Linux environments
- Experience in virtualized environments utilizing VMware
- Understanding & some knowledge of Microsoft Windows server and desktop.
- Knowledge of RMF OR DIACAP, as well as achieving an ATO in an DoD environment
- Experience in larger government contracts supporting Airforce or Navy
- Experience with Win Bind or Samba
- Experience training junior team members
- Any past Network Admin experience
- Experience supporting Linux servers running Engineering functions (Mechanical, Civil, Thermal, Etc...)
- Experience with Windows and Linux integration techniques
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org