Description Job Description:
Leidos is working closely with the U.S. Navy at Naval Warfare Surface Center Carderock Division. The goal of this program is to develop highly sophisticated training systems and tactical decision aids to help Anti-Submarine Warfare operators train for and operate in complex environments against quiet diesel and nuclear submarines.
Leidos currently has an immediate opening for an Linux Systems Administrator, aspiring to become an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO), supporting multiple US Navy programs located Bethesda, MD. Leidos' High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, independent, self starter for a challenging position supporting a dynamic organization that develops and produces state of the art training and simulation systems. This position requires ====ship and an active DoD Secret security clearance.Job Description:
This position is part of the HFS cyber security team, and is responsible for administering classified and unclassified networks of computer systems running the Linux Operating System, and maintaining and improving the security posture for the information systems that support the development and fielding of a variety of US Naval training systems. Candidate will perform at least the following tasks:
Education and Years of Experience:
- Perform design, installation, configuration, administration, support and maintenance efforts for Linux based development and operational systems, on both the hardware and software sides of the systems
- Perform regular audits of Information Systems (IS), including review of system audit logs, verification and maintenance of regular backups of the IS, and inventorying of IS components. Ensure that system recovery processes are monitored and tested to ensure that all IS components are able to be restored. Perform patch management of all ISs within the facility. Ensure that each IS's Configuration Management Plan is maintained, audited, and updated regularly.
- Maintain System Access Control Management, and audit user accounts on the IS. Ensure that unauthorized personnel are not granted use of, or access to, any IS within the facility.
- Assist the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) in the management of ISs, and maintain security posture through entire lifecycle and adherence to the Risk Management Framework. Ensure the implementation of security measures in accordance with the SSP and ISSM's guidance.
- Perform periodic Risk Assessments of the Information Systems and identify and document any unique threats to the Information Systems. Develop and perform regular vulnerability and security posture tests of the IS, as required by the Security Control Assessor (SCA) and ISSM.
- Assist with the implementation of facility procedures, under the direction of the ISSM, to include media handling, security incident handling, IS User Briefings, and IS security reviews and audits. Assist with the maintenance of the System Security Policy (SSP) and Supplemental SSPs for all information systems within the facility. Assist the ISSM with Plan of Actions & Milestone (POA&M) updates, maintenance, and coordination with the SCA. Perform Security Briefings for personnel on Rules, Responsibilities, and Acceptable Use.
- Assist with the evaluation of changes or additions to the IS within the facility, work with the ISSM to determine security relevance, and make recommendations for approval or denial to the ISSM.
- Assist the Facility Security Officer (FSO) with periodic inventories.
- Provide general technical support to users and general system administrator support.
Required Experience and Skills:
- BA/BS degree and a minimum of 4 years relevant experience. Select certifications may be substituted for the education requirement.
- Must be 8570.1M/8140 compliant with certifications of Security+ CE or SSCP, CISSP preferred and Server+, or RHCSA or better.
- Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position
- Must have 4+ years of experience in supporting Red Hat Enterprise Linux Version 6 and 7, and 4+ years of experience in supporting Microsoft Windows in a Domain environment. Linux and Windows experience may be concurrent.
- Must have direct experience with maintaining and troubleshooting Dell Hardware, or Supermicro Hardware, or PC hardware, and be familiar with virtualization
- Must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and an ability to learn and apply new skills.
- Must be a flexible, positive and energetic team player, be able to work in a fast paced environment and adapt to changes in tasking, be able to work with minimal supervision, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, plan and prioritize personal tasking, effectively communicate verbally and in writing, and be able to work successfully in a team environment
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
External Referral Bonus:
- Active Secret Security Clearance highly preferred
- Previous ISSO experience
- Linux script development
- Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, Portfolio, Service Desk, and MS Project
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.