|Linux Systems Administrator (Mid Level)|
|USA WEST VIRGINIA Clarksburg|
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the World in Mission, Cyber, and Technology Solutions. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on
As a Systems Administrator, you will perform daily duties of backups, maintenance on applications and OS, patching, tuning and troubleshooting. You will configure system based on requested changes. Follow CM process to effectively manage environment changes. You will be on-call, as required during the year, supporting mission critical supporting systems. (on call rotation). You will also provide necessary instruction and documentation for change requests, installing operating systems, loading (installing) COTS products, and configuring operating systems and COTS products. The system administrator shall possess knowledge of tracking and analyzing performance and resource utilization of the assigned systems, and shall have experience in recommending changes, upgrades, and enhancements based on the technical analysis. Certifications in operating systems and other COTS products are desired.
• Possess 4-7 years of relevant work experience - Systems Administration.
• Red Hat or equivalent Linux Administration
• Possess knowledge of tracking and analyzing performance and resource utilization of the assigned systems, and shall have experience in recommending changes, upgrades, and enhancements based on the technical analysis.
• Perform daily operational duties of backups, maintenance on applications and OS, patching, tuning, and troubleshooting.
• Flexible working hours - able to support occasional nights, weekends, and call-ins
• Able to quickly adapt to a constantly changing environment
• Redhat Linux 5/6 OS Management and Administration
• Satellite Server Management
• VMWare and/or virtual server environment administration
• LDAP administration
• Active Directory Management
• Understanding of PKI certification and applying to webservers
• Perl and other scripting languages
• Virtualization of IT applications
• Education in a computer related discipline
• � Oracle database familiarity
• Customer oriented
Preferred to have Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer
Science or related field or equivalent plus 4-7 years of work experience.
Keywords: RHEL, Linux, Oracle, scripting
|Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience.|
|Equivalent Experience/Education |
|05-06 years w/High School Diploma |
05-07 years w/Bachelors Degree
|For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.|