Perform general server and container orchestration and administration tasks; monitoring and optimizing system performance and reliability, operational workflow development, and managing enhancements/upgrades and providing various levels of support. The CW will be working with an ops support team that administers Linux (and some Windows) systems for software development. Shifting demands and priorities abound. Keeping software engineering customers productive is the objective. Key responsibilities include, not limited to the following:
- Develop and maintain system documentation for Lab/Data Center configuration and customization's.
- Designs, develops, and maintains orchestration infrastructure and templates for efficient software stack deployment.
- Analyze performance on systems, generate reports, propose solutions to problems; implements performance improvements in collaboration with Architects, Engineers and Network Engineer to ensure system efficiency.
- Provides application and server level support for server environments
- Perform software upgrade, patch updates, data migration, for server software.
- Apply configuration and tuning standards in accordance with Linux recommendations and client’s requirements.
- Develop and maintain system documentation for server/software configuration and customization's.
- Provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 level technical support.
• OS deployment to documented specifications (kernel, networking, storage) to cloud systems in labs world-wide
• Linux Administration and troubleshooting (Multiple Distro)
• Design, build and deploy customer specified software stacks using industry standard orchestration tools and containers.
• Automate the deployment of custom software stack deployments onto cloud systems, bare-metal and container.
• Asset management and maintenance using standard tools
• Use ticketing system (Jira) to communicate with customers and track work
• Communicate with email, IM, JIRA, and phone with our internal customer groups for tickets
• Comfortable reviewing and modifying BIOS, and BMC/IPMI settings
Required Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 2+years IT related experience - Minimum Education: HS Diploma or GED for US candidates - Linux OS administration (CentOS & Ubuntu) administration including installation, configuration, monitoring, upgrade and Pkg installation, user and group management. Knowledge of computer diagnostics and installation, to include software troubleshooting and networking
• Shell scripting and python experience (to perform commands/scans across clusters – distributed servers)
• Experience with datacenter orchestration tools such as ansible, MAAS, OpenStack
• Docker container creation and deployment
• Communication skills (working with team members and internal customers)
• Detail oriented and able to follow process/instructions
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and offer effective solutions under tight deadlines
• Strong problem-solving and root cause analysis skills
• Follow written and/or Verbal instructions for custom operating system and application installs Maintaining and auditing Iab assets and routine inventory control
• Capable of learning and using custom built asset and inventory tracking software (training will be provided)
Helpful Skills: - Linux network stack experience - Experience administrating K8s clusters - Jenkins or similar automation tool - Experience with git