Company Job Title:
Linux Systems Administrator
Exempt, Full Time, Regular
Summary: The Linux Systems Administrator will provide unparalleled support to our customer in Bethesda, with possible limited travel in the NCR area (e.g., DC, Reston, and Quantico) and to alternate data center (West Virginia). The Linux Systems Administrator will perform general Linux system administration, security patching, OS upgrades, troubleshooting problems, and ensuring maximum availability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
- Write system scripts for daily administration and document system infrastructure.
- Install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software and hardware related problems.
- Perform system backups and recovery.
- Maintain data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Maintain the functionality, security, and uptime of critical technology systems such as wireless networks, virtual machine and storage infrastructure, and communication systems.
Non-Essential Duties: Other duties as assigned
- Oversees and monitors performance, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues.
- Directs multiple teams through to project completion.
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent experience , and 5+ years of related experience.
- Applicable software or hardware training and certifications commensurate with the technical objectives, services required, and IT environment specified within the task order.
- Security+, Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA or CISSP.
- TS/SCI clearance required
- Experience with HP C class server platforms, management tools “insight manager/ advanced ILO”
- Experience with configuring and deploying Linux based operating systems on HP Proliant class processing platforms
- Solid network and systems troubleshooting experience with HTTP\HTTPS, SFTP, FTP, NFS, SMB, SMTP, SSH, NTP and TCP/IP, Internet Security, encryption
- Red Hat Certified Engineer or Red Hat Certified System Administrator
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to travel in the NCR area (e.g., DC, Reston, and Quantico) and to alternate data center (West Virginia) when necessary.
- Ability to work individually, actively participate on integrated teams, and lead multiple tasks, projects or teams.
- Ability to provide guidance and direction to lower level technicians, specialists, and managers.
- Able to deploy and integrate new applications that may be requested.
- Capable of learning new applications that run on Linux quickly for testing and deployment.
- Ability to research and evaluate new concepts and processes to improve performance
- Ability to analyze cross-functional problem sets, identify root causes and resolve issues.
- Ability to assist more junior level technicians, specialists, and managers in their activities.
- Comfortable with the full lifecycle of performing requirements analysis, requirements definition, functional analysis, system design, systems integration and test.
- Proficient in Red Hat Enterprise Linux with in-depth knowledge of OS installation, security hardening and maintenance.
- Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians, specialists, and/or managers.
- Comfortable with working on physical and virtual (VMware) RHEL servers from scratch.
- Administration and management of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and 7 servers to include installation, configuration, optimization, backup & recovery.
- Linux performance tuning & troubleshooting, identifying and resolving contention in CPU, memory, networking, disk I/O, etc.
- Familiar with fundamentals of Linux scripting languages for automation tasks and deployments. Bash Shell, python & Kickstart technologies.
- Integration & implementation of various services, LDAP, Samba, NFS, Bind, Apache, and other core technologies.
- Familiarity of configuration management. Experience with Red Hat Satellite Server, puppet, chef or Ansible Tower.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment :
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.