• Proven experience in Linux Systems Administration preferably RHEL/CentOS.
• Proven experience in Virtualization, VMWare/Hyper-V.
• Experience with Windows 2008/2012 Servers, Active Directory.
• Familiarity with Microsoft SQL 2008R2-2012.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure.
• Ability to provide highly-technical and end-user support to clients via telephone and ticketing system.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• A demonstrated ability in problem-solving, management of multiple tasks and personal time management.
• A detail minded individual who is willing to learn new skills and work overtime as needed.
• Ability to work independently.
• Any prior/present Security Clearance from Public Trust to the Top Secret level is a big plus.
In this position you will primarily be supporting a government client, on-site in Bethesda, reporting to the Director of Government Operations located in Reston VA. This could also include supporting several clients for the Government sector as necessary.
• Administering, supporting and upgrading multiple Linux & Windows server environments running from single server solutions to large server farms
• Migrating application farms running Linux & Windows technologies from one datacenter or platform to another
• Day-to-day troubleshooting of application and database problems
• Proactive application monitoring and trouble resolution
• Report writing and process and procedure documentation
• Other duties as required
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to, race, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, citizen, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other basis recognized by federal, state or local law.