Kforce has client that is seeking a Linux Systems Engineer in Austin, TX. Our client is searching for an experienced Linux Systems Engineer for its Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team to work on the operations and maintenance of our state repositories and applications product line.
The Site Reliability Engineering is an interdisciplinary team dedicated to developing solutions for operational problems and monitoring the overall health of production systems. Your focus will be on the architectural resiliency and administration of our production systems that support our state data management applications. We expect the Systems Engineer to continually drive improvements in production operations while collaborating with the product and development teams to help set infrastructure and security priorities. The right candidate for this role is technical, customer focused, future-thinking, and thorough.
* Building, installing, configuring, upgrading, and testing systems including application servers, file servers, database servers, web servers, as well as cloud services
* Leading migration and upgrades projects of hardware, integration and software releases to QA, production, and disaster recovery environments
* Evaluating, diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving complex system/equipment problems and failures
* Performing system administration and operating system support including OS installation and configuration
* Performing data back-up and recovery support
* Participating in testing and implementation of new technologies and provides input on proof of concepts
* Creating and maintaining system documentation
Must have for this role:
* Linux System Engineering/Administration
* VMware Administration
* Solid understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP etc.
* Working knowledge of rack management, servers, storage, security and backup technologies
* Excellent organizational and communication skills
Nice to have for this role:
* Administrative experience in a cloud environment especially Microsoft Azure.
* Experience/Familiar with data center migration to cloud environment(s).
* Windows system administration
* Active Directory / Exchange
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.