Working at Macro Solutions, a leading provider of IT and management consulting services, is an opportunity to collaborate with great people who have a passion for the services they provide to our clients. We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Systems Administrator (Linux)
to join our project team in Herndon, VA or Washington, DC. This position requires a top-secret clearance with SCI eligibility - CI Poly.Key Responsibilities
Education + Experience
- Execute efforts supporting incremental software deliveries that could require reconfiguration and continuous restructuring / builds of the current infrastructure as new baselines are delivered.
- Responsible for: GOTs/COTs SW installs, monitoring system health, remedying problems, security hardening, and performing updates and patches.
- Oversee and monitor performance across several disciplines, and when required, take steps to resolve issues.
- Perform tasks of senior level technicians, specialists, and or managers not performed at level 3 due to the size and/or complexity of the tasks.
- Provide expert guidance and direction to government, senior level technicians, and managers.
- Direct multiple Contractor and subContractor teams through to project completion.
- Work individually, participate actively on integrated teams, and lead multiple tasks, projects and/or teams.
- Provide effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of Linux Servers and Windows Server Operating Systems in VMWare Virtualized Environments in a Hosted Enterprise Cloud.
- Ensure that server operating systems, virtual environments, and related installations and configurations adhere to DOD Intel Community processes. This includes all necessary Security Configurations including IAVAs and OS Patches.
- Provide support to application engineers using deployed VMs. Tasks include documentation, contributing to engineering and provisioning, monitoring of system performance, operations, maintenance, management of VMs.
- Research and troubleshoot systems issues to ensure continual system availability.
- Actively collaborate on technical research and development to support continuing innovation within the environment.
- Provide support of individual Member Servers as well as with Virtual Enterprise configurations and services required for applications.
- Bachelor s degree with 10 years of related professional experience.
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance w/ CI Poly.
- Active Security+ Certification
- Strong functional knowledge of Windows Server and Linux Operating Systems with experience administering Oracle RDBMS, PostgreSQL and Networking.
- Good working knowledge of scripting languages (sh, bash, perl)
- Experience performing system backups, maintaining archives, and data recovery Ability to research and troubleshoot systems issues to ensure continual system availability.
- Knowledge and experience with Intel Community network/restrictions and ITIL fundamentals.
- Five plus years of experience with Redhat Linux, specifically with Server Configuration, Patch Validation for Application impact assessment, General Audit Log Man. and Troubleshooting.
- VMWare vSphere experience including the management of Virtual Machines (VMs) between environments and VM design including initial and dynamic resource allocation, movement of virtual and cloud environments.
- Skilled in technical documentation.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team focused on customer support, application and operational improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to coordinate and communicate at all levels from engineer to senior management.
Macro Solutions is a woman-owned IT and management consulting firm that helps government organizations select, implement, integrate and maintain critical business solutions. A relationship company at our core, we pride ourselves on building high-touch, high-trust environments for our clients and partners, at every level of our business. Assessed at CMMI Maturity Level 3 for both Development and Services and ISO 9001:2015 certification, Macro delivers honest, powerful results from the inside, outward.
Deeply invested in advancing long lasting employee relationships, our distinctive Consultant Care program ensures that our employees are always a priority at every level of the organization and has been integral to our 94% employee retention rate.
Along with a supportive environment and culture that thrives on dreaming big, getting things done and having fun together, Macro Solutions offers employees a full suite of competitive benefits, including health, dental, 401(k), and paid time off.
If you would like to learn more about Macro, are interested in joining our team, or would like to learn more about our Consultant Care program visit our website .
Macro Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.