Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. Ancillary duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space.
TSMARFORCYBER Basic Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience as a Linux system administrator
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux System
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline with 9 years of relevant experience. Experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience with multiple operating systems and application integration testing methods
- TS/SCI withCounter Intelligence Poly required to be considered
- US Citizen
- System Administrator with Linux experience
- 10 years of experience as a System Administrator
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to successfully participate in a collaborative team environment. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Excellent communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (both verbally and in writing) with team members, managers, and clients on highly-complex and difficult engineering/software issues pertaining to assigned tasks.
- Familiarization of Gluster & XFS file systems
- Understanding of information security principles and practices
- Experience with or familiarity with software and security architectures
- Experience in or familiarity with the following systems: Linux operating systems, VMware ESXi, and Hadoop
- 5 years of Linux (RHEL7or CENTOS7) experience and 3 years of shell scripting experience
- 2-5 years general experience as a Hadoop Administrator to include experience with tasks such as data migration, data replication, user administration, and backup and recovery tasks
- Strong Networking background
- Experience with Window Server 2008 or newer
- Experience with application integration testing methods
- OPEN Nebula Admin
- Experience with OS and Application Hardening to include DISA, Best Practices, and High Assurance environments
- Experience with both Client and Server virtualization environments
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO
. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.