Role and Responsibilities
myNetWatchman, LLC has an immediate opening for an Atlanta, Georgia-based Linux Systems Administrator. This is an individual contributor role with responsibility for deploying and maintaining a large virtual machine farm and developing and managing infrastructure in support of the company’s work in providing threat intelligence feeds to customers. The right candidate has experience and skills in the following areas:
• Managing a VM farm using KVM and SALT automation
• Developing infrastructure to support analyst and engineering needs
• Analyzing/parsing web, application, system, and firewall logs
• On-call availability for maintaining and managing system uptime and availability
• Verifying completion and accuracy of weekly backup operations
• Maintaining excellent communication with leadership on new developments and reporting obstacles or impediments timely
• Mentoring junior systems engineer
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Minimum five years’ experience in system administration or related role
• Two to three years’ experience with demonstrable proficiency in SALT, BASH, configuration management, disaster recovery, and python scripting
• Extensive experience with implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of enterprise virtualization technology such as VMware or KVM
• Working knowledge of network and routing configuration
• Proven experience working in a fast-paced environment and the flexibility to make adjustments on the fly
• GRE tunneling, OpenVPN, and firewall rule configuration experience preferred
• Familiarity with ELK stack preferred
• Experience configuring and administering NodeJS and MongoDB preferred
• Big Data, MySQL, GIT, NFS, DNS, Nagios, and CEPH experience preferred
• Agile/SCRUM development environment experience preferred
• Experience with Jira preferred
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
Must be located in Atlanta, GA area.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. Sponsorships are not available.
What Do We Do?
myNetWatchman is an intense place to work; we don't advertise our services, but we provide intelligence that our clients can’t get anywhere else. The head of the company lives and breathes this work and he’s always coming up with crazy new ideas that we have to find a way to implement in the real world.
Why Should You Work Here?
We’re doing things that big companies can only dream of doing. This isn’t because we’re on a shoestring budget--Boss, if you’re reading this, we really do need a team trip to Cayman Islands for research purposes--but because we don t have the kind of bureaucratic red tape that would have you fill out TPS reports in triplicate. Seriously, we’re talking mad genius, game changing, saving the world type stuff. If you have an idea on how to do something better or want to experiment with something new and different, chances are you’ll get a chance to try it with us.
What's Our Stack?
We are committed to using the right tool for the job; and if we don’t have it, we build it. We are heavily invested in open source: Hive, MAPR, MariaDB, REDIS, Celery, RabbitMQ, CentOS, KVM, NodeJS, Python, C, Gluster, SALT and Vagrant, just to name a few.
What’s Your Style?
You’re confident, independent, and never too smart to learn something new. You know being on-call sometimes sucks, but you’re willing to do what it takes because you understand that you’re an integral part of something amazing. To you, mad genius is an opportunity to cull the mad and capitalize on the genius. You love to reverse engineer problems.
Oh, you also love Taco Tuesdays.
245 North Highland Ave NE, Box #230-545 Atlanta, GA, 30307Contact