Linux Systems Engineer (Tier II)
Location: Addison, TX
Position Type : 6-12 Month Contract to Hire
Hourly / Salary : Conversion Salary to $110,000
Residency Status: US Citizens and US Permanent Residents only, as sponsorship is not being offered at this time.
GTN Technical Staffing is currently seeking a Tier II Linux Engineer for a 6+ month contract to hire opportunity in Addison, TX. We are looking for an experienced enterprise-class Systems Engineer to provide support to infrastructure and network/compute fabric product offerings across all deployment locations. The Tier II Linux Engineer will be Linux centric and will need to have strong peripheral knowledge of networking and storage technologies principles and services.
- Provide technical expertise to resolve service interruptions and incidents.
- Manage, coordinate, and communicate incident or problem resolutions to completion.
- Engage internal and external services or vendors to assure proper Return To Service or RMA for any production systems or services
- Track, maintain, and record resolutions in ticketing system of record
- Serve as initial technical escalation for all Linux and systems infrastructure alerts
- Identify and troubleshoot infrastructure automation issues
- Provide support for infrastructure implementation
- Provide life cycle management for all internal Linux infrastructure
- Troubleshoot internal and external customer issues as they arise
- Participate in technical support on call schedule or as required.
- Provide and receive cross discipline training of other technologies with team members
3-5+ years with the following skill sets
- Linux platforms (5+ yrs).
- RedHat or like operating systems (3+ yrs)
- Virtualization hypervisors, VMware, KVM, Virtual Box, or other Enterprise Cloud platforms (3+ yrs)
- Python experience
- Docker experience
- Git version control experience
- Experience with consumption of RESTful API