Description Job Description:
Leidos is working closely with the U.S. Navy at Naval Warfare Surface Center Carderock Division. The goal of this program is to develop highly sophisticated training systems and tactical decision aids to help Anti-Submarine Warfare operators train for and operate in complex environments against quiet diesel and nuclear submarines.
The STS (Signature Trainer Support) program at Leidos has immediate openings for Linux Systems Engineers to join our team in Bethesda, MD. Our High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation and training products for this customer.
Leidos support of the U.S. Navy has garnered accolades such as:
"There is no other trainer like this in the world.
"The modeling and the fidelity are unmatched."
"This is a quantum leap in being able to make the [training] system realistic."
"The technology that backs this system up is head and shoulders above anything we have ever seen before."
In order to continue this level of excellence, Leidos seeks individuals who take pride in their career to learn and grow their expertise of job function.
In this role, you will use your expertise with Linux Operating systems (including concepts, command line interface (CLI), and hardening) to perform the following duties:
Requirements for the position include:
- Work on multiple facets of the training systems that we design, develop, integrate, and install at Naval sites around the nation.
- Be part of the team responsible for technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding Linux based training systems.
- Perform systems requirements analysis
- Take part in trade studies
- Be involved with the development of multi-processor Linux system network boot concepts.
- Provide technical leadership.
- BS or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science, Math or the Sciences, Network Engineering, Systems Software, or applicable field and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience; or if no degree, additional related work experience.
- Demonstrable expertise with the Linux operating system (Enterprise Linux, either RHEL or CentOS) or Network engineering (specifically focused on Cisco products)
- Proven ability to identify, quantify, and solve complex technical problems.
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret clearance
- DoD 8570 IAT II compliance (CCNA, Sec+ for example)
- Ability to travel 10% of the time (U.S. Naval sites across the United States, typically no more than 2 weeks in length)
Note: This requisition is at a Senior level. Linux Engineers who have less than 8 years of experience are able to be considered for lower level positions and are encouraged to apply.Pay Range: