Please review the job details below.
Maxar is seeking an independent, creative, and driven Linux Systems Engineer to join our big-data platform team in Herndon VA. This position would support a massive National Security platform supporting large-scale analytics on various customer data sources. The ideal candidate is passionate about technology and able to learn quickly.Why us?
What will you be doing?
- We build advanced algorithms to gain analytic insights from a large range of open source and government data.
- We enable machine learning systems, automate workflow, and design and develop custom applications for a unique national-security mission.
- We operate an end-to-end predictive analytics platform unlike any other within the US Government.
- We provide training to expand your skills and challenges to develop them.
- Our client's missions are vital to national security, so we're mission-first always.
- Our work environment is relaxed business casual.
- At our core, we believe and practice social responsibility.
- Contribute to team success by building out and maintaining a large-scale customer hosted Openstack platform, enabling massive analytics for platform users.
- Daily management and administration of Linux & Windows hosted VM's residing within the platform, utilizing OpenStack & CloudStack management platforms.
- Intermediate and advanced support for web & database servers, applications, and end-users.
- Provide exceptional customer support experience for our clients.
- Must possess a current/active TS/SCI security clearance and be willing and able to obtain CI Polygraph.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or related field (4 additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.).
- 2 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated expertise with Linux.
- Experience with Openstack (Nova, Ceph, Swift, etc.).
- Experience with Ansible.
- Experience with NoSQL database administration (ElasticSearch, etc.).
- Experience with SQL/database.
- Experience with Cloud services (AWS, C2S, Azure).
- Experience with Containerization (Docker, Linux containers, Kubernetes).
- Knowledge of big data toolsets (Hadoop, Yarn, Spark, Accumulo, etc.).
- Experience with SSL/PKI, to include the ability to isolate and resolve SSL-related server and client issues.
- CompTIA Security+ certification or CISSP certification or the ability to acquire and maintain certification.
As a federal contractor, Maxar is required to comply with the vaccination and other COVID-19 requirements in President Biden's September 9 Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors . Accordingly, all Maxar team members must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 no later than January 4, 2022 , except in cases where a team member is legally entitled to an accommodation.Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.