Role: Linux Systems Engineer
Duration/capacity: 6 months
Location: Downtown Chicago, IL
Scope of work:
Customer is searching for a Linux Systems Engineer to join the team responsible for Linux systems deployment, performance management, automation, tooling, and visibility.
This role will primarily involve working with a cohesive team of infrastructure engineers, developers, and trade support teams to build world class systems and the necessary tools to maintain and constantly improve. Members of the team have backgrounds in a range of areas including software development, UNIX internals, and large-scale systems administration
- Ensure the reliability, availability, and performance of infrastructure and applications
- Work directly with Quant, Application Development, and Infrastructure Engineering teams to understand and meet their needs
- Ensure required performance through hardware and OS tuning
- Develop APIs and automations for infrastructure delivery, maintenance, and visibility
- Work with technology vendors to evaluate new technologies and support systems.
- Work with our 24/7 Operations team to provide support for the system on an on-call rotational basis.
- Forecast demand and plan for capacity
Strong background in computer science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms, distributed systems
- Deep experience with Linux OS internals and system performance analysis, tuning, and troubleshooting including network, system, and hardware optimization for low latency.
- Strong development experience in a modern programming language (e.g. Python, Go)
- Demonstrated experience with infrastructure provisioning/management tools (e.g. Terraform, Packer, Ansible, Puppet)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in fast-paced environments
- Experience with server hardware specifically HP, Dell, and UCS
Background check/drug test needed: both
Manager Talent Acquisition
P: 978 707 4846