What you'll be doing...
The Linux System Engineer’s responsibilities include all those of a Systems Administrator, but with additional responsibilities over more-complex and unique duties and assignments. OS creation/deployment/support in an automated fashion is a primary responsibility for this role. Support the IT needs of the development organization and other product related groups. The IT group supports mid-large scale virtual environments that serve as development platforms, build servers, product test rigs, and various other systems to support the development and test activities of a fast paced development team. Need help with supporting our Linux desktop and server environment for the entire enterprise as well as patching.
Some of the things you'll be doing include...
Who you are…
- Develop, deploy, maintain the following types of technologies:
- DeployStudio/Operating system deployment tools
- Linux OS Patching
- Virtual and cloud server platforms
- Configuration management systems (Puppet)
- Familiar with code repository (gitlab)/Understanding of version control
- Work on trouble tickets reported by internal customers
- Work hand in hand with the development team to design and provide infrastructure to meet their product development objectives
- Mentor less experienced members of the team to help elevate their technical expertise
- Participate in an on call rotation
- Educated. BS in Computer Science, similarly technical degree or equivalent directly applicable experience.
- Experienced . 5+ years’ of experience working as a system administrator, systems engineer, or server side support position.
- Tech Strong. Experience with technologies supporting an enterprise scale infrastructure:
- Experience with virtual infrastructure, enterprise systems, supporting development teams and driving continuous improvements to their support and testing systems.
- Experience with virtualization technologies (VMWare or OpenStack preferred) including design, deployment, maintenance, and scaling
- Configuration Management (Puppet)
- Advanced PowerShell and the ability to automate systems management task
- Familiarity with Linux systems installation and base management (RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu)
- Deep knowledge and experience operating and monitoring enterprise storage devices (NetApp)
- Active Directory management and related network services experience
- Strong Communicator. Possess and understanding that central documentation is important to team success. Ability to write for a company-wide audience of all skill levels.
- Skilled problem solver . You love tackling the most difficult of challenges and know how to get to the best solution.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.