We are seeking a Litigation Support Database Specialist. The Litigation Support Database Specialist is responsible for identifying, assessing and implementing litigation case management and trial technology. Monitors legal issues surrounding electronic discovery and related areas. Provides effective evaluation of end-user needs. The Litigation Support Database Specialist works with IS managers as well as with litigation groups to ensure the highest level of client services and satisfaction.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions):
• Supports attorneys and legal staff in the use of litigation support tools for their preparation of cases and trials.
• Provides case specific training for Concordance/Litigation Support Tools in both group and one-on-one settings.
• Creates and supports document database/indexes, transcripts, and images in Concordance, Web-based Litigation tools (Everlaw, Disco, etc.), LiveNote and other litigation support applications.
• Installs, upgrades and maintains the litigation software used by the Firm.
• Coordinates the project set up and processing of documents with outside vendors.
• Assists attorneys and paralegals with using courtroom presentation tools.
• Maintains preferred listing of equipment rental and Litigation support services vendors.
• Stays current on Litigation support and courtroom presentation tools and technologies.
• Works with the Director of IT to develop Firm plans for Litigation/Practice Support Technologies.
• Works with the Help Desk Manager to provide end user support for Litigation applications.
• Works with the Director of IT to provide timely upgrades of Firm Litigation/Practice support software.
• Provides monthly reports and analysis to the Director of IT.
• Occasional travel as needed to assist with Litigation matters.
• Flexibility to work overtime on short notice. (anything over 40 is paid at time and a half)
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Litigation application certification and experience.
• 3-4 years’ experience of providing technical support in the legal environment.
• Familiarity with the litigation process, including phases of discovery and trial proceedings.
• Knowledge of Audio and Video editing and capturing of content.
• Knowledge of MS Excel data analysis and formatting.
• Knowledge of Firm-standard software and hardware.
• Knowledge of basic networking technologies and basic MS Windows system administration.
• Excellent research skills to facilitate viewing/manipulating various types of data
• Ability to express ideas clearly in both oral and written communication.
• Ability to interact effectively with vendors.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects effectively.
• Available 35 hours per week, variable (M-F)
1770 N. Park St, Suite 100 Naperville, IL, 60563Contact