Description Job Description:
Leidos is looking for a highly-motivated, first-class Litigation Support Senior Systems Administrato
r to join the Tax Division of the U.S. Department of Justice at One Constitution Square, 1275 1st Street NE, Washington, DC 20002. Join our team and be a valued part of the Tax Division's mission to enforce the nation's tax laws fully, fairly, and consistently through both criminal and civil litigation in order to promote voluntary compliance with the tax laws, maintain public confidence in the integrity of the tax system, and promote the sound development of the law.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner with internal and external colleagues of all levels, as well as solve complex problems using your skills and available technological tools. If you are well-organized, relish a position where no two days are alike, can work under tight deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced and diverse environment, this job is for you! Primary Responsibilities include:
Must be able to work onsite 5 days a week in Washington, DC (once temporary Pandemic Remote work is over OR when asked to return in the office). Basic Qualifications:
- Design and implement Automated Litigation Support (ALS) software solutions primarily consisting of COTS tools such as Relativity, iPro, CaseMap, etc.
- Maintain ALS system infrastructure (storage, compute, network) leveraging on-premise and AWS cloud platforms
- Maintain external access to ALS tools including identity and access management for external stakeholders. For example, expert witnesses, US Attorneys, IRS collaborators, etc.
- Perform system maintenance including backups, restore operations, application and platform software updates, performance tuning, system monitoring, etc.
- Produce and update system diagrams, administrator guides and end user documentation. Documentation must be updated at least semi-annually
- Provide weekly reports on system health, performance, completed projects and planned activities.
- Selectee will work with the IT leadership supporting ALS applications and infrastructure
- Undergraduate degree (preferably in the computer science or management information/technology disciplines) OR equivalent years of experience will be considered/accepted in lieu of degree.
- At least 8 years of hands-on, directly applicable experience actually doing the work of implementing the kinds of systems being set up - e.g., UNIX, Windows, Network Storage Solutions, etc. - will usually be expected.At least 5 years of these years of experience must be in litigation support applications and application software, e.g., Oracle, Relativity, iPro, Concordance, Trial Director, other web hosting platforms, etc.
- Must have actually have done the work of designing, obtaining equipment and software, installing, integrating, testing, etc., in the environment required.
- Must have experience with large systems with a complex mix of operating systems and functions.
- At least one year of experience setting up large scale database management applications, using the applicable database management software.
- Experience in storage technology planning, performance capacity planning and modeling, applications planning, human factors issues, distributed processing, and business process analysis.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of the Government's IT environments, including office automation networks and PC and server based databases and applications.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of the Government's security requirements.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Undergraduate degree strongly preferred; preferably in the computer science or management information/technology disciplines.
- Must have experience with Relativity.
- Must have experience with SQL server version 2012 and later.
- Must be able to obtain a favorably adjudicated Public Trust Clearance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Computer Network Exploitation (CNE) certification, highly desirable
- Some programming and scripting skills (i.e. C#, Python and/or PowerShell), valuable
- Supervisory experience, very strongly preferred.
- Currently have a favorably adjudicated Public Trust Clearance, preferred