About CenturyLinkCenturyLink (NYSE: CTL)
is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business. Job Summary
The Engineer applies approved technologies and architectures to specific requirements. Develop and define plans for the implementation of new plant construction. Responsible for engineering design plans and specifications, including gathering field data and will assure the most feasible, and economical means are used to complete the work. Screens held orders, engineers small subdivisions, building entrance cable, or held orders, and obtains permits. Meets with and serves as a point of contact for larger entities, municipalities, government entities, developers/builders. Occasionally, required to conduct formal meetings and/or presentations regarding engineering and construction plans for the receipt of pricing proposals or bids. Partners with network planning and identifies projects for budgets and prepares justification. Provides cost data to support capital planning and budgeting, at a project level. Monitors and controls project expenditures against their owned projects. Daily system use will include: TIRKS, FW/BM, COEFM, LCAM, IOT, SAP, NDSJob Description
- Apply a particular engineering discipline to plan, develop, design, and implement telecommunications systems, networks and plant facilities to accommodate demands for growth and new services in the most practical and economical manner.
- Applies approved technologies and architectures for application to specific requirements for plant additions to respond to requirements for growth and /or new services.
- Develop, and define plans for the implementation of new plant construction or modification of existing facilities to meet new or increased service demands or improve operating efficiencies
- Prepare plans and specifications, to include gathering of field data, for new or additions to telecommunications systems.
- Assure that the most feasible, practical and economical means to accomplish an objective is identified and that any alternatives are also defined for management evaluation.
- Conduct formal meetings and/or presentations regarding engineering and construction plans for the receipt of pricing proposals or bids as required.
- Stay abreast of industry issues and technologies through continuing education and participation in industry forums.
- Assist, as required, other departments by providing engineering designs, cost estimates, studies, and provide technical solutions or documentation to provide service to a customer or assist the operation and maintenance of the plant.
- Provide cost data to be used in support of the capital construction budgets for implementation of designs, new services, technologies, and industry requirements.
- Develop project support requirements by identifying the scope of effort required by all parties involved and defining the total project requirements, communicating then to all parties and monitoring progress and cost and producing periodic reports.
- Perform mathematical and statistical analyses and develop reports concerning the results of certain engineering and construction activities to determine the variance to established objectives.
- Monitor and control project expenditures, preparing progress reports, defining problems encountered, and provide recommended solutions to management
- Ensure that the documentation reflects the actual plant as-built data by onsite inspection and that it is correctly recorded in the CPR.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience and training.
- Minimum 2-4 years of engineering knowledge and experience with a focus in construction engineering or telecom engineering.
- Valid driver's license, with a satisfactory driving record MVR Required
- Knowledge of current approved products and technology used in engineering remote electronics, FTTT, GPON, Ethernet , MTU, MDU, aid to construction (BART), Joint use poles and held orders.
- Strong computer skills required, including experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, etc.).
Education Alternate Location:
- Experience with FireWorks/BidMaster, WFMT, NDS, and other CenturyLink proprietary systems.
- Knowledge of OSP design and a willingness to learn and to support the Engineer II and Senior Engineers.
US-North Dakota-Fargo Requisition #:
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/ EEO Statement
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Disclaimer
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.