Role : AWS Architect
Location : Herndon, VA Duration : Long Term Contract
Job Description: Vlink has an immediate need for a AWS Architect to join our financial services team in Herndon, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Design the architecture for migrating on-premise data warehouse and data marts to the data lake and subsequent vending on AWS Cloud.
- Architect solutions for the design and implementation of Big & Fast Data Infrastructure on AWS cloud using Kafka, Kinesis, Glue, Athena, Redshift, DynamoDB & Quick Sight
- Define information models supporting data assets for complex data structures represented through various data management systems such as a graph, relational and hierarchical databases.
- Guide other teams to design, develop, and deploy data sets and tools that support product use cases.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Defining current and target state architectures, transition architecturesand roadmaps
- Experience with developing solution architecture across multiple architecture domains such as business, data, integration, resiliency and application
- Hands on application solution design experience in AWS using AWS native services
- Data Analytics solutioning experience in AWS cloud using AWS native services (EMR, Redshift, Athena etc.), Apache Spark framework and using Python, or R
- Experience in selecting, architecture reviewing, integration architecture with SaaS/COTS solutions
- Providing solutions based on Enterprise Integration patterns, Event Driven Architecture, API, Web services, SOA and Micro Services
- Experience in defining deployment and resiliency architectures using serverless architecture like ECS, Fargate, Lambda etc.
- Experience working with Application servers and containers such as JBoss, Tomcat, WebLogic, Oracle Application Server
- Experience w/performance optimizations such as improving scalability, availability, throughput, failover, etc.
- Very good understanding of AWS Cloud Security.
- Demonstrated experience of various Cloud Technologies, industry trends and solutioning experience in - -- Public, Hybrid Cloud and PaaS will be essential.
- Ability to work with both senior management level executives and development teams.
- AWS Solution Architect Associate or Professional certification.
VLink Inc. | 8602383010
701 John Fitch Blvd. South Windsor, CT 06074 | 10 Speen Street, Suite 202, Framingham, MA 01701