Montefiore, the University Hospital for Albert Einstein College of Medicine, is one of healthcare's most wired hospitals, widely recognized by the Hospitals & Health Networks' 15th annual Most Wired Survey for our adoption of technology to support clinical care and patient safety and privacy, infrastructure, business and administrative management, and the continuum of care.
The Manager, IT Systems is responsible for managing a team of Information Technology professionals. This Manager assigns both project based work and production work to team members. The Manager may act as both a personnel manager and a project manager; has strong technical knowledge and is skilled in applying procedures, policies, and methodologies. The Manager, IT Systems stays abreast of the industry standards for his/her field of specialization. The Manager, IT Systems provides outstanding client service and contributes to the organization's mission of utilizing information technology to improve patient care.
Montefiore IT is seeking a Manager of IT systems with Strong Citrix knowledge. Montefiore's Citrix environment consists of over 1,200 servers and 395 applications. The Citrix team is responsible for engineering, deploying and maintaining the Citrix environment on a 7x24x365 basis. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Manager of IT Systems Technical is someone who is technically well-informed in infrastructure. When needed, is familiar with, and can perform all levels of tasks such as troubleshooting and resolving technical problems.
- The Manager of IT Sytems is a technical manager who provides direction to the team for development, design and systems integration. Will review the work involved and follows projects through testing and production deployment phases.
- Provide technical training to team members and may continue to coach them as needed. Also, willl ensure that there are technical procedures, documentation and standard policies put in place, which is reviewed on a regular basis. In addition, the technical manager will make decisions on which solutions to implement in the best interest of the organization.
- Ensure that the team performs within set technical guidelines by providing or co-authoring standard operating procedures.
- Assigns each team member specific tasks and oversees their performance.
- Conducts regular meetings with team members, whether as a whole or through one-on-one discussions.
- Meet with senior manager regularly and gives weekly, monthly and annual reports, which includes team's performance and project status.
Current Projects Include:
- Experienced with Citrix Suite of Applications
- Project /team management
- Strong Documentation
- Active Directory
- Windows server architecture
- Windows desktop architecture
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
Roll-out of 4 additional member affiliates to the Citrix infrastructure
Migration from XenApp 6.5 /7.6 to v 7.18
Windows 10 Virtual Desktop Migration using XenDesktop EDUCATION:
Bachelor's degree OR relevant work experience in a large desktop/server computing environment
Manages multiple teams of Information Technology professionals. Assignsboth project based work and production work through managers or teamleads. Oversees the teams' personnel management and project management. Department:
Montefiore Information Technology Bargaining Unit:
Non Union Campus:
YONKERS Employment Status:
Regular Full-Time Address:
200 Corporate Boulevard S, YonkersShift:
Day Scheduled Hours:
8:30 AM-5 PM Req ID:
124721 Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.