Join a winning team! Engility's Space Systems Group is currently hiring for a customer within the Intelligence Community (IC) in Chantilly, VA. This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground. Engility is a fast growing company providing opportunities for energetic individuals with a strong desire to expand their knowledge while increasing their responsibilities.
Space Systems Group has an opening for aMBSE systems architect to provide technical advisory (SETA) services to an IC customer. The customer organization we support provides the enterprise architecting and systems engineering solutions that determine the current and future national space systems. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Internal engagement across the customer organization to build acceptance for current and future acquisition decisions that support senior decision maker's intent for an efficient, effective and integrated mission architecture.
- Identification, development and assessment of alternative mission architecture solutions to more efficiently and effectively support evolving intelligence problems
- Evaluating alternative acquisition/investment portfolios against future architecture direction/guidance to support senior level decision making
- Outreach and engagement with industry, academia and other Government agencies involved with the use and development of emerging MBSE approaches, methods and techniques
- Development and maintenance of architecture products that capture and communicate senior decision maker's intended direction and implementation guidance for an efficient, effective and integrated mission architecture.
- BS in Science, Engineering, or Math with 4-9 years relevant experience
- Current TS/SCI
- Data management, data architecture, or systems engineering experience
- Superior interpersonal, written and communications skills with the ability to interface with different personalities in a range of positions, including many at very senior levels.
- Leadership and negotiation skills to work effectively in a dynamic team environment to resolve issues between different organizational viewpoints and implement the vision of senior government executives.
- Knowledge of MBSE approaches, methods and techniques applied to the development of integration of enterprise and system level architecture products
- Strong organizational skills and the a bility to independently execute work tasks in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
Specific work experience showing competency in the following areas:
- Systems engineering in the process areas of Architecting
- Engineering analysis in support of cost/business case analysis, analysis of alternatives, trade-off/impact analysis, or development and use of measures/metrics/scorecards
- Developing architecture products and requirements using enterprise architecture frameworks (preferably DoDAF)
- Modeling and analysis using SysML, UML or UPDM.
- MS in Science, Engineering, or Math
- Specific skills and experience using Rational Rhapsody for Systems Engineering
- Knowledge and experience with IC functional manager's organizations and experience with one or more organizations within the intelligence community.
- Development of enterprise architecture vision, strategy, guidance and direction for an organization preferably in the Intelligence Community
- Knowledge and experience with implementation and operations of ASP/ISP organizations or service oriented architecture design within the intelligence community.
- Knowledge and understanding of the GEOINT & SIGINT collection phenomenology