The Ambit Group is a Woman-Owned, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business providing management services to the public and private sectors. Our motto is We get the mission of government done. Smarter. Faster. And cheaper."
We embody the name of the firm in our culture. Our ambit, or sphere of influence, is one in which all members have a voice and all are committed to outcomes. We understand that work, family and community co-exist, when any element is out of balance, all suffer. Our policies are family-centric, provide flexible work schedules, job sharing and cross-training that meet client requirements and support our employees. We focus on more than the task at hand, we focus on the entirety of our ambit. There is no job too large and no task too low we function as ONE.
We are looking for an Enterprise Mobile Device Management (MDM) Engineer to provide mobile services support for a server-based computing environment to join our team supporting FEMA in Bluemont, VA. The nature of this support will range from software to hardware, and includes troubleshooting connectivity issues, providing device enhancements, installation and maintenance of server-side applications, and interfacing with a large and diverse customer base. Familiarity with Remedy ticketing systems is a plus, as is the ability to adapt to and develop procedures around changing technologies and customer requirements. This position will ensure the stability, integrity and efficient operation of the mobile systems that support mission critical FEMA organizations.
- General Systems administration support, including server build, hardening, and application installation and troubleshooting.
- Coordinate with security, network, and systems engineering teams to ensure solutions are integrated into the enterprise smoothly, and that supported systems are monitored and maintained
- Mobile device management, troubleshooting and installation for wireless access to internet, email, calendar, air cards, cell phone, and applications
- Mobile device encryption services
- Coordinate with security, network, and systems engineering teams to ensure solutions are integrated into the enterprise using agency processes and procedures to include pre-release testing and qualification of new devices and applications to ensure feasibility and usefulness
- Provide Tier 2/3 support for Help Desk and FEMA personnel, with experience working in fast-paced ticket-driven support environments. Ensure supported systems are monitored and maintained
- Provide enterprise Apple Device Enrollment Program (DEP) development and support
- Conduct/attend periodic meetings with various offices, vendors, and commercial carriers
- Produce documentation, as required, through all aspects of a project including requirements, design, test plans, and support documentation
- Minimum 5 years of experience in configuring and managing a leading MDM solution.
- Windows server administration experience.
- Demonstrated experience in mobile device provisioning, deployment, and account management.
- Demonstrated experience delivering Apple Device Enrollment Program (DEP) development and support
- In-depth knowledge of iOS mobile device operating systems and functionality.
- Excellent client interaction skills and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Additional desired skills
- Project management experience - taking projects from initial concept through design, development, testing and deployment.
- Demonstrated experience with MobileIron, Airwatch, and/or Intune.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) highly desired.