Role: MES Technician
Openings: 2 – 4
Company: Warehousing and logistics company partnered with global automotive supplier
Components assembly: Automotive exterior components
Location: Brownstown, MI
Type: Direct Hire
Overtime Pay: Yes
Bonus: yes, discretionary depending on personal and plant performance
Education: Associates Degree mandatory, preferably a Bachelor’s degree
Travel percentage: 5% (training)
Reports to: IT Manager
Start Date: First Spot starts Sept 2020, Second position starts in Dec 2020
Shift: B & C Shifts available
Training: Train on 1st shift through January 2021, then when 2nd program kicks off, this person moves to other shift
MUST BE NICOTINE FREE. THIS IS A NON-SMOKING PLANT
Experience: 3+ years on factory floor REQUIRED
Overall Skill Set needed: (SQL/Experience with non SCADA based MES/experience setting up interactive workstations/knowledge of setting up OPC server/PLC communication/experience with report/dashboard development)
- Support the implementation of a Manufacturing Execution System (MES) projects, and updates at Company facility.
- PLC Communication understanding and experience
- Material flow understanding and experience
- Sequencing experience and or understanding
- Work with the IT Manager to define and discuss the MES user requirements with key representatives from quality, manufacturing, engineering and supply chain.
- Participate in the integration test in order to test the MES interfaces.
- Organize the training of the factory super users – participate in activities with the MES supplier to deliver documentation.
- Troubleshooting on day to day basis and support after hours if needed.
- Support the implementation and ongoing use of the plant floor applications.
- Ensure the reliability and accuracy of all MES applications implemented at Company.
- Writing DB documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions
- Controlling access permissions and privileges.
- Commissioning and installing new applications and customizing existing applications to fit business needs.
- Installing and testing new versions of the DBMS.
- Maintaining data standards.
- Visibly leads and supports all client goals as set forth in objectives and targets.
EXPERIENCE OR QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years of experience with Associate’s or bachelor’s degree that relates to IT or factory Automation
- Ability to work flexible hours/ On call rotation support including weekends
- Good knowledge of MES and Automation in Manufacturing industry
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent understanding of Database systems
- Manufacturing experience, high paced environment
- Knowledge of MS Office, MS Project
- Hands-on experience with MES Platform
- Microsoft SQL Server basic knowledge
- Experience with TCP/IP networks, bar code printers and scanners, RF data collection devices.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator a plus
The OPC server is a software program that converts the hardware communication protocol used by a PLC into the OPC protocol. The OPC client software is any program that needs to connect to the hardware, such as an HMI . The OPC client uses the OPC server to get data from or send commands to the hardware.
How to Apply:
Send your resume for consideration to Tamika Mareno: (connect with me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tamika-mareno-lion-3514a51)