**Please Note: This position requires TOP SECRET Clearance**
We have an immediate opening for a Microsoft SQL Server focused database administrator who will be responsible for maintaining and building software application databases in a fast-paced, high-demand team environment. Our federal customer offers an opportunity for talented, motivated individuals to create applications used at the highest levels of the executive government.
Ideal candidates will be motivated, self-starting developers with a proven track record of delivering quality results and maintaining databases in a no-fail environment. Individuals with a forward-leaning approach will have the chance to drive modernization efforts with the full support of our client.
• Provide database administration to augment the development staff in the development and maintenance of MS SQL Server and Oracle databases. Provides backups, restores, configuration and installation of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 /2012.
• Support data mining efforts against the enterprise data store. Creates queries, tables, views, functions, and stored procedures to support data mining and development efforts.
• Implements DoD security standards and checklists applicable to enterprise databases, such as the DISA STIG for Microsoft SQL Server.
• Familiarity with CommVault a plus.
• Maintains database dictionaries and integration of systems through database design. Maintains and documents shell scripts and batch processes.
• Develops and applies procedures for periodic database backup.
• Designs, implements, and maintains databases with respect to access methods, access time, batch processes, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
• Develops applications to help solve database solutions to business problems, data architectures, database management system facilities and capabilities, and the operation and tuning of databases.
• Provides technical consulting in the definition, design, and creation of a database environment.
• Assists, defines, and oversees database organizations, standards, controls, procedures, and documentation.
• Executes processes in SQL such as stored procedures/functions/packages, database job, materialized view, view, synonyms, and DB link.
• Analyzes impact on database before making any changes to database.
• Analyzes data source and creates a data load script.
• Creates PL/SQL and SQL scripts to apply changes to Oracle database.
• Performs primary lead support for the database environment.
• Years Of Experience: 2-9 Years
• Desired Education: Bachelors or 4+ years equivalent work experience
Security Clearance Requirement
• Current Top Secret security clearance with SSBI conducted within the last 36 months is required. Candidate will be submitted for SCI and Yankee White / PSD clearances. Clearances must be obtained prior to start.
Active Top Secret clearance required to start; candidate will be submitted for PSD / Yankee White clearance and SCI clearance following acceptance of job offer. Offer will be contingent upon PSD clearance approval.
Candidate will work on customer site in a joint military environment; telecommuting is available at customer's discretion, typically 2 non-consecutive days a week.
Candidate should be familiar with Microsoft SQL Server and performing SQL backups, installations, and restores. There is an Oracle db to maintain but very minor.