MS-SQL / Oracle Database Administrator
Our client’s Information and Technology Division/Infrastructure and Tech. Services Section is currently seeking a qualified candidate to assist them as a MS-SQL/Oracle Database Administrator or Sr. Administrator.
The person in this position will support 24x7 production systems and work with application staff to aid in new development efforts, maintenance of existing systems, etc.
Requirements for this position are a high level of experience in both Oracle 11.x and above and SQL 2012 and above. A minimum of eight years’ experience in designing, modeling, developing and supporting large application databases is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Below are some of the duties that this person may fulfill.
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of SQL Server/Oracle software and related products
- Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges)
- Perform database tuning and performance monitoring
- Work with others to ensure all databases are backed up and recoverable
- Integral part of our DR planning and testing
- Setup and maintain documentation and standards
- Plan growth and changes (capacity planning)
- Provide 7x24 support when required
- Perform general technical trouble shooting and give consultation to application teams
- Interface with RDBMS vendors for technical support.
- Patch Management of RDBMS environments
- Develop and maintain scripts and other tools/products to help aid in administration
- Perform Data Modeling and architecture to promote data integrity. Works with business to define structure that meets application and business need.
- Translates and converts the logical model to the physical model
- Define and build DDL scripts
- Knowledge of licensing for both Oracle and SQL
- Create and manage documentation regarding defined schemas
- Work with application staff on creating and maintaining proper database access methods and logic
- Code reviews
- Training of application staff on various database related topics.
- Build and work with the application staff on database application logic supported by Stored procedures, triggers, and user defined functions.
- Help with performance tuning of application logic and code as it interacts with the database
- General Knowledge of public cloud and Azure Hosting of SQL services, Azure SQL Managed Instances etc.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with SQL Server 2012 or higher, including clustering, failover, high availability, etc.
- Experience with Oracle 10g or higher in a UNIX/Linux environment, including Data Guard
- Experience with Microsoft Operating System 2012 and higher including Hyper-V
- Considerable knowledge of database architecture, administration and support
- Analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize, work effectively, independently, and with others in a collaborative, deadline-sensitive environment
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science or a related field.
- Minimum 7-8 years of related work experience and 4 years of progressive leadership experience preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of certifications, education, or experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities for the position.
Licenses, Registration, and Certifications:
- Must be able to possess and maintain a valid Class ‘R’ Colorado driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record.