Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
The primary purpose of the Director, Applications role is to direct the planning and coordination of Health IT technical programs including gathering requirements and planning for systems selection, system design, testing implementation, systems integration, training and system maintenance for our client, DaVita Medical Group in Torrence, CA. The Director will be responsible for operational management, strategic development and planning, project based activities and leadership functions. Responsibilities
- Provide effective and efficient applications support IT services which meet the needs and requirements of client hospital/ health system.
- Assists in account profitability to meet revenue and margin requirements set at the corporate level
- Effective management of the client relationship and resolution of client issues.
- Continuous risk identification and appropriate escalation.
- Effective utilization and management of staff such that milestones/goals are obtained and staff is motivated and competent.
- Understands application and technical functionality and capabilities to effectively provide solutions for business requirements.
- Balances demand management for multiple complex simultaneous projects, operational enhancements, break-fix, and maintenance requests.
- Provides strategic guidance for planning projects and operational support for health system initiatives.
- Ensure team adherence to all team, account, and client policies and procedures.
- Support needs across a complex healthcare setting.
- Manages complex implementations and post implementation optimization across hospital/heath system network.
- Scopes projects, develop budgets and assess cost of ownership
- Effectively translate business requirements to technical specicfiations / IT requirements.
- Develops strategy and resource plans to anticipate demand for implementation services and workforce needs.
- Research and recommends new technologies to streamline processes supporting improved care and reducing costs
- Develops and implements policies and practices for client installations.
- Effectively manage and develop clinical and/or business applications support employees engaged in multiple client projects
- Act as liaison between application teams and client management and end users to determine application needs and resolve problem situations
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure the timely and consistent delivery of application assistance to the client
- Plans and implements self and department improvement activities to meet current and future client needs
- Identify and recruit internal/external talents to ensure effective mix of competencies.
- I n d u ct ne w j o in e r s in order to quickly maximize performance.
- S e t an d communicate t ea m / i ndi v i dua l ob j e c t i ves a n d K P I t o i n spire in di viduals to a c h i e ve h i g h performance.
- A l l o cate w o rk l o a d t o f u ll y utilize every employee's talent. I mplement d e velopment p l a n s a n d coach f o r i nd i v id ua l s to reach their maximum talent.
- P r o vide r e g ul a r constructive feedback o n pe r formance/development a n d ad d ress p oo r/mediocre performance o n a timely manner.
- Re c og ni ze h i g h pe r formers to m ai n tain m o t i vation an d retain k e y talent.
- Re gu la rly communicate on company news and team progress against business plan.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- BA or BS Degree and relevant practical and managerial experience in assigned area
- 10+ years Health IT industry experience preferred
- 10+ years experience in information technology management preferred
- 5+ years TouchWorks experience highly preferred
- Excellent client facing skills with the ability to thrive in a highly critical, fast paced environment
- May require local travel
- May require other travel for business needs
- May require on call after hours support
- Work is performed in a standard office environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a competitive total rewards package, including holidays, vacation, and medical, disability and life insurance.
Allscripts' policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans