MS SQL Database Administrator - Indianapolis, Indiana
Jettison is representing a company with a service mind. A company that is energetic and enthusiastic about creating a unique experience for each consumer. If you are looking for a company that is innovative, and prides itself on excellence then read on!
Requirements to be a member of this exceptional team are
- Bachelor s degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems, information systems, engineering, or mathematics
- 3+ years of experience in database design and development, computer software development, management information systems, web design, information systems
- Expert level skills developing, optimizing, and working with SQL
- Experience administering an RDBMS in MS SQL Server
- Familiar with SSIS along with experience designing and creating packages under a project deployment model
- Highly efficient team player with the ability to juggle multiple priorities under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast paced, fluid environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, impeccable eye for detail, strong organizational skills with the ability to lead and effectively manage technical discussions with audiences of varying abilities
Bonus points if you have experience with
- SQL Server 2016 Always On
- MySQL database
- SQL Server Cluster
- SQL Server upgrade and migration
- MCSE or MCSA certifications in corresponding fields of study
- Proficient in SSIS and its use in data integration and processing including extraction, transformation, and loading
Responsibilities will include
- Responsible for database monitoring, performance, and maintenance
- Recommend, implement, and execute strategies for high-availability, database recovery, disaster recovery, and scripting as needed to accomplish tasks presented
- Support disaster recovery efforts
- Evaluate user requests for data and system access against the existing data environment and security model.
- Plan and assist with migrations as needed as well as assist with building up additional SQL infrastructure such as SQL server clusters, instances, or other related components
- Facilitate database restores and data refreshes in non-production environments
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard information on a database level against accidental or unauthorized usage, damage, modification, or disclosure
- Facilitate new hire database account setup and terminations as required.
- Implements data models and database designs, data access and table maintenance codes; resolves database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues.
- Analyze data anomalies, determine source of problem, recommend and oversee implementation of sound corrective actions. Identify improved controls and procedures to avoid recurrence.
- Act as the backup for our Senior DBA during vacations, emergencies or rotational on call duty.
- Other duties as assigned
In case you are still on the fence, this company offers
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical/RX/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k Plan with company match
- Casual dress environment
- Tuition reimbursement plan
- On site fitness center
Jettison is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We know that our overall success is a combined effort, and we strive to provide opportunities for our candidates to learn, grow and thrive.