Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide technical support for assigned applications.
The primary purpose of this role is to customize, maintain, and support Sunrise Clinical Manager (SCM) Orders and Results Catalog and HL7 Interfaces. Responsibilities
- Work under the direction of the Manager to provide technical application solutions for assigned SCM Orders and Results Catalog and interfaces.
- Possess technical knowledge of assigned application technology such as configuring SCM Interface Dictionaries, Order Item Catalog and related policies; same experience on a similar acute care Electronic Medical Record will be considered
- Possessed understanding of how acute care Electronic Medical Record systems interact with HL7 interfaces and downstream ancillary systems for Radiology, Cardiology, and Laboratory etc.
- Possess understanding of acute care workflow; especially with Orders and Results
- Work with the Clinical Informatics team in documenting current state business workflow/process, and assist in defining future state workflow
- Work with Business Analyst to understand the customer's workflow and requirements to translate them into technical design specifications and data flow from which enhancements are configured and/or coded.
- Participate in HL7 Interface mapping sessions to communicate and define fields that SCM will send and/or receive Orders and Results data from/in
- Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents programs or technical configuration.
- Ensure programs meet technical specifications and standards.
- Interact with Business and clinical representatives during the software build or configuration and testing process.
- Perform technical application configuration and configure /run reports at user request.
- Design and execute unit, system and integration test plans for new developments/releases/reports.
- Maintain technical documentation based on standard operating procedures in support of the assigned application.
- Perform application maintenance activities
- Provide production support.
- Identify the common causes of the defects, prioritize them and systematically remove them so that they do not reoccur in further development work.
- Coordinate with Project Managers to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Participate in focus groups and workshops, attend vendor training and demonstrations.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- BA or BS degree preferred or other relevant combination of training and experience.
- 0-2 years Industry experience preferred
- 2-5 years practical experience in providing technical support and maintenance on an Orders and Results catalog and HL7 Interface (SCM preferred)
- May require local travel
- May require other travel for business needs
- May require after hours on call support
- Work is performed in a standard office environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a competitive total rewards package, including holidays, vacation, and medical, disability and life insurance.
Allscripts' policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans