“NOTE: If selected for this position, you are required to perform ALL work within a commutable distance of your assigned Worksite Location.”
MacOS Accessibility Engineer (Stockley Park, London)
Candidates that do not have the relevant experience listed in the skill section will not be considered.
The candidates must be experienced macOS developers with a specialism in accessibility.
They should not just be accessibility testers
Apple is looking for macOS Accessibility Engineers The successful candidates will be well versed in application development environments (such as Cocoa and Cocoa Touch) as well as an expert in accessibility. The role will involve working closely with many teams simultaneously, and ensuring the best output from each team.
• Excellent programmer with experience in Swift and / or Objective-C
• Excellent knowledge of UIKit and AppKit
• Understanding of accessibility APIs such as UIAccessibilityPostNotification
• Understanding of how people with disabilities use iOS and / or macOS
• First-hand experience in testing with assistive technologies, e.g. VoiceOver, Switch Control
• Familiarity with accessibility features on mobile devices
• Familiarity with project management methodologies such as waterfall and agile
• Past engineering experience
The Accessibility and SEO Center of Excellence is a group created with the purpose of promoting and supporting accessibility across Apple and offering consultancy services to project teams.
In this position you may be required to audit existing solutions, work with teams throughout the entire lifecycle of a project on new features and solutions, liaise and co-ordinate with various functions, and represent the team positively and effectively at all times.
You will be a pragmatic and charismatic individual, able to push for the best results whilst also maintaining excellent relationships with all those you work with. Successful candidates must be fast learners, capable to adapt and adhere to internal guidelines and processes, and work under tight deadlines with teams spread around the globe. Previous industry experience with an emphasis on accessibility is essential.
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
Understanding of SEO principles will be a significant advantage, as well as experience with web technologies and guidelines.
iOS/MacOS Accessibility 2-5 years Is Required Accessibility 2-5 years Is Required Accessibility (Keyboard/VoiceOver) At least 1 year Is Required Accessibility Testing At least 1 year Is Required UI /User Experience Design (UX) At least 1 year Nice To Have