Our well established north Austin client has a need for a Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence Architect to join their thriving organization. The Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence Architect is responsible for planning, researching, developing, and implementing new technologies for image processing and data analysis. Job duties will include all facets of product life cycle for prototype and production systems. Candidate will be required to work with internal and external stakeholders. This will be an IP generating role including patenting, publishing, and presenting at conferences.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain state-of-the-art technical expertise in artificial intelligence, machine learning and software programming.
- Develop and implement ML and CV algorithms for a variety of problems including classification, identification and robotics.
- Plan and execute software testing activities, as well as complex and challenging technical projects.
- Develop requirements and evaluation methods for AI technologies and benchmark vendor technologies.
- Aid in the design, build, and implementation of AI solutions for our proof of concepts and experiments, including working closely with external vendors to implement AI solutions.
- Knowledge and hands-on expertise in deep neural network topologies such as convolutional nets, recurrent nets, RBMs, causal reasoning, probabilistic programming.
- Evaluate positive and negative aspects of competing technologies from the perspective of both the solution provider and the customer.
- Write accompanying software and architecture documents.
- Invent new solutions in line with company growth areas.
- Work on radiation/x-ray systems as needed.
- Develop solutions within constraints of timeline, budget, functionality, and operational parameters
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer or information science, or other applied sciences.
- 3-5 years experience and ability to learn various computer operating systems, computer programming languages and environments, and data analysis software.
- 3-5 years experience in general imaging techniques, including computer vision, machine learning, image processing, segmentation, object detection/recognition, and statistical machine learning applied to big data.
- 3-5 years experience in manipulating high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources to highlight patterns, anomalies, relationships and trends.
- Maintain a radiographer license for the state of Texas (training provided).
- Maintain a valid driver s license to be insurable by company insurance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Mathematically minded
- Knowledge of algorithm development, artificial intelligence / machine learning, computer vision
- Self-starting individual that can work both independently and within team
- Excellent technical writing and project management skills
- Knowledge Linux and Windows platforms
*Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Masters or Doctorate degree in the engineering field
- 5 years of experience with research and applied technology
- 2 years experience in regulatory requirements meeting and documenting radiation safety programs
Radiographer license for the state of Texas
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency using nuclear modeling software for simulations and safety.
- Nuclear imaging techniques, including processing methods, CT image generation, Fourier analysis, signal/stream processing, and image quality measurements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 20% travel including international, using any method of transportation.
- Ability to apply high levels of cognitive, analytical, retention and reasoning.
- Can stand, sit, walk, reach, balance, stoop, kneel, hear, and smell.
- Can see up close, distances, colors and has use of peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Can tolerate variable and sometimes extreme physical conditions during visits or inspections of company equipment in our industry environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.