SAIC is seeking a Machine Learning Engineering candidate that understands technical and functional design requirements and can work closely with users to define and develop overall requirements. The candidate designs, architects and implements algorithms and techniques with the goals of insight, usability and advancement of technology.
The work environment is fast-paced and dynamic thus making teaming and effective communication key elements of success. Regularly researches the state of the art in research topics such as Machine Learning, Computer Vision and Reinforcement Learning and shares these discoveries with other members of the team.
The selected candidate should have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding customer expectations, successfully teaming cross-organizationally, consistently delivering on schedule, and a demonstrated desire to learn new technologies, concepts, and processes. Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies.
Seeks and participates in development opportunities above and beyond the required levels and mentors those with less experience through informal means. Networks successfully with a diverse technical population to solicit work to foster technical growth of the team. Will develop and refine demonstrations of new research as well as optimize and scale implementations of researched algorithms.
- Bachelors Degree and 2 years or more of related experience or 6 years of experience in lieu of degree; OR Masters Degree and 0 years related experience
- Proficient in at least 3 programming languages (such as Python or C)
- Proficient in Linux environments
- Experience in Machine Learning with an emphasis on research and development
- Experience with image processing and analysis
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Can start uncleared but must be able to obtain SCI and/or Q Clearance
- Master's Degree in Computer Science
- Solid fundamentals in algorithms, math and probability theory
- Track record of translating ideas into prototypes quickly
- Experience with one or more of the following: Tensorflow, pytorch, keras, etc
- Experience with Python
My SAIC Benefits.