Zipcar is the world s largest shared-mobility company. We are adding talent to our data science team at our Silicon Valley office in San Mateo. The Machine Learning Engineer will be a leader in our efforts to leverage data about our members and vehicles, so that we may continually improve the Zipcar experience and support internal operations.
We are looking for capable, passionate people with great ideas to join the Zipcar family. Our work environment is as supportive, diverse, and as fun as our brand. If you re results-oriented, dedicated, and ready to contribute to an unparalleled member experience for our community of Zipsters, we encourage you to apply.
To learn more about Zipcar, what we do, and how we do it, visit zipcar.com. For further employment opportunities, visit http://www.zipcar.com/about/jobs Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with data scientists and analysts to translate prototypes into scaleable, robust models
- Collaborate with software engineers and data engineers to deploy models in production
- Build and manage reuseable ML workflows that enable us to track various models, versions, and experiments
The Ideal Candidate Has:
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience working with big data technologies, including:
- AWS computing and storage stack (e.g. S3, EC2, EMR)
- Data processing frameworks (e.g. Spark, Dask)
- Data querying (e.g. PL/SQL, Athena, Redshift, SparkSQL)
- Programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, Scala)
- Experience deploying statistical and machine learning models in real world applications
- Experience parallelizing and tuning models to improve performance
- Experience with modern software tooling for rapid development and deployment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
As a member of the Zipcar Team you will receive:
- Domain knowledge in transportation networks, car sharing, or operations research
- Experience with geospatial data
- Exposure to various software lifecycle tools such as git, JIRA, etc.
- Desire to learn new tools, frameworks, languages
- A commitment to Zipcar s ideals of sustainable resource sharing and urban mobility
- Competitive Compensation
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Free Membership
- Discounts on services, products and much more
While we appreciate every applicant s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted. Zipcar is an EEO Employer - Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled To all recruitment agencies:
Zipcar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Zipcar employees or any other company location. Zipcar is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.