ACS group has an immediate need for a Systems Support Engineer with experience in the IT domain. This is a 12+ months contract opportunity in Location Cary, NC, USA. Our client is a leading Telecom company.
Top Skills: Linux, LAN/WAN, Monitoring, Application/Production Support
A systems support engineer will be responsible for a wide range of activities surrounding the on-going maintenance and expert level support of Managed Services applications, tools and platforms, including but not limited to Change, Incident, Problem and Risk Management. These activities will include resolving escalations from network operations centers, project teams, IT and management team. Expected to own and drive resolution of highly complex system and application issues, complex change management, working with Product Marketing, Account teams and internal organizations (IT, Engineering, Infrastructure, etc.) on product wide issues as well as product readiness projects. A systems support engineer will directly interact with network operations and at times the customer on high visibility and complex technical issues. Special focus on and advanced technical skills with operating systems, network management applications and protocols is required.
• Mentor network operations engineers.
• Support new technology and product integration.
• Assist with remediation efforts of security vulnerabilities per procedure.
• Review and provide technical analysis on IAR’s.
• Perform alarm studies.
• Create and maintain knowledge articles.
• Analyze platform issues and manage escalations to various IT organizations.
• An Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• Broad knowledge of all products within Managed Services.
• Intermediate knowledge of network management platforms, applications and protocols, to include at least one or more of the following:
o Cisco ISE
o Assure 1
• One or more years of hands on experience with OS, applications support or networking; common network security practices, standards and troubleshooting.
• The position will work directly with internal operations teams and occasionally customers, and therefore must have strong customer service skills and the capability to interface successfully with both the customer’s technical and non-technical contacts, Account teams and various other groups involved in the delivery of service to the end customer.
• Flexibility- with work hours, as position may be required to work an off-shift or on-call
• Excellent communications skills and be able to deliver results under pressure.
Thanks & Regard,
ABOUT ACS GROUP. ACS Group is a premier provider of IT Consulting, Engineering Consulting, Healthcare, Talent, and Workforce Management Solutions to Fortune 1000 companies globally. Our operating brands have provided targeted services and solutions for more than 50 years. We serve our clients through four operating companies:
# No. 6 Largest IT Staffing Firm in the U.S. (2019 SIA)
#Largest Minority-Owned IT Staffing Firm in the U.S. (2018 SIA)
# No. 8 Largest IT Staffing Firm in the U.S. (2018 SIA)
#Inavero s Best of Staffing Client Diamond Award (2018).
#National Class lV Supplier of the Year Finalist and a Regional Class IV Supplier of the Year by NMSDC
#Inavero's Best of Staffing Client Diamond Award Winner(2017)