As the Lead Machine Learning Engineer, you will work on a broad set of domains that power a data-driven transformation of our standard business procedures across channels and organizations. You will be responsible for developing and deploying novel algorithms along with optimizing existing machine learning systems to maximize their business value and increase consumer satisfaction at every brand touchpoint. You will also get the invaluable opportunity to mentor a closely-knit team of diverse and entrepreneurial data scientists and truly shape their career trajectory through your expertise and experience.
We are looking for someone who is a technology-agnostic polymath—committed to a lifelong journey of continuous learning and exploration of innovative scientific ideas—and will bring thoughtful perspectives, empathy, creativity, and a positive attitude to solve problems at scale. This role is ideal for someone looking to extend their algorithm design and software engineering skills into a part mentor, part IC, part thought partner role.
• Architect, build, maintain, and improve new and existing suite of algorithms and their underlying systems.
• Implement end-to-end solutions for batch and real-time algorithms along with requisite tooling around monitoring, logging, automated testing, performance testing and A/B testing
• Utilize your entrepreneurial spirit to identify new opportunities to optimize business processes and improve consumer experiences, and prototype solutions to demonstrate value with a crawl, walk, run mindset.
• Work closely with data scientists and analysts to create and deploy new product features on the eCommerce website, in-store portals and the mobile app
• Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for data analyses, model development, validation and implementation
• Write efficient and well-organized software to ship products in an iterative, continual-release environment
• Contribute to and promote good software engineering practices across the team
• Mentor and educate team members to adopt best practices in writing and maintaining production machine learning code
• Communicate clearly and effectively to technical and non-technical audiences equally well
• Actively contribute to and re-use community best practices
• University or advanced degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or a related field
• 5+ years experience developing and deploying machine learning systems into production
• Strong experience working with a variety of relational SQL and NoSQL databases
• Strong experience working with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Scikit-learn, Tensorflow, Keras, Pytorch, Spark MLLIB etc.
• Experience with at least one cloud provider solution (AWS, GCP, Azure)
• Strong experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
• Experience with Platforms like H2O, Sage maker, MLFlow, Anaconda etc.
• Experience with framework like Scikit-learn, Tensorflow, Keras, Pytorch, Spark MLLIB etc.
• Ability to work in a Linux environment
• Industry experience building and productionizing innovative end-to-end Machine Learning systems
• Ability to quickly prototype ideas and solve complex problems by adapting creative approaches
• Experience working with distributed systems, service orientedarchitectures and designing APIs
• Strong knowledge of data pipeline and workflow management tools
• Expertise in standard software engineering methodology, e.g. unit testing, test automation, continuous integration, code reviews, design documentation
• Relevant working experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a big plus
Will be a plus:
Placement and Staffing Agencies need not apply. We do not work with C2C at this time. At this moment, we are not able to process H1B transfers. Applicants with CPT and OPT visas are welcome to apply.