MACHINE LEARNING ENGINEER
At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT—fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear advantage.
Our portfolio spans the following areas:
DevOps | IT Operations| Cloud | Security | Info Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
About the Role
The Machine Learning Engineer designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products. Develops software including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
The Machine Learning Engineer:
- Designs limited enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of systems software, including operating systems, compliers, networking, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools.
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on specific objectives and established project guidelines.
- Executes and writes portions of testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs issues with code and suggests changes or improvements.
- Participates as a member of project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem.
- Collaborates and communicates with internal and outsourced development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or EE, or equivalent.
- Typically 2-4 years’ experience.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Familiarity with a deep learning framework such as TensorFlow
- Familiarity with Python and basic libraries for machine learning such as scikit-learn
- Experience visualizing and manipulating big datasets and Frameworks solutions like Hadoop, Spark etc
- Familiarity with Linux, SQL and NoSQL databases, containers, vertica
- Must have emphasis in ML/AI/Analytics/Big Data
If you want to be part of what's next and find out more about our available opportunities, visit Micro Focus Careers.