One Company...Many Careers!A Day in the Life of a Machine Learning Engineer:
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will play in integral role within State Farm for helping build and support advanced analytic solutions that are used across the enterprise. Machine Learning Engineers are responsible for helping deploy data science solutions, build solutions that optimize analytic workflows, and assisting with analytic research requests. With this role, your work will help increase use of advanced analytics for decision making throughout the company. Why Join Our Team:
Being part of Enterprise Data & Analytics (EDA) department at State Farm will help facilitate your professional growth across multiple development areas. First, you will strengthen your communication skills through interactions with key business partners that require you to articulate technical concepts in a non-technical way. Additionally, the variety of projects that you work on will allow you to refine your knowledge for advanced analytic topics, software development practices, and tool development for use by the department. Finally, to help keep your skills sharp, this role includes an opportunity for practical research and continued professional development with opportunities to learn and leverage cutting edge tools and many different programming languages. Preferred Skills & Professional Experience:
- Completed Bachelors, other advanced degrees, and 2+ years' experience in a computer science or technology related field such as DevOps engineering, software engineering, or developer
- Proficiency with Python 3+, including Pandas, Numpy, Scipy, Scikit-learn, tensorflow, h2o, pyspark , and Flask
- Experience with gathering and creating analytic business requirements, researching potential data sources (both internal and external sources), designing, developing and maintaining data assets
- Familiarity with algorithms associated advanced analytic topics, including GLMs, Tree-based models, Neural Network frameworks and Natural Language Processing
- Demonstrated understanding of software engineering topics, including classes, functions, version control, CI/CD, and unit tests
- Experience deploying models for batch, synchronous, and/or asynchronous consumption
- Proficiency with Python 3+, including libraries such as Pandas, Numpy, Scipy, Scikit-learn, tensorflow, h2o, pyspark, and Flask
- Familiarity with Containerization - Docker, Kubernetes
- Technical expertise with multiple compute environments, including at least two (2) of the following: Linux, Hadoop, Mainframe, and AWS
This position will have a 12-mo incumbency period for lateral move & 6-mo incumbency period for a promotional opportunity (beginning on effective date of the position) which must be met before posting.
What's In It for You:
- Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in pre-employment testing and/or the interview process. This is where the excitement begins!
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity.
Competitive Benefits, Pay, and Bonus Potential
Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the community!
Tuition Reimbursement: We support opportunities for you to learn and grow!
A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations, Employee Development, and more!
401k Plan and FULLY FUNDED PENSION
We embrace Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is simply the right thing to do!
Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers
!We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We're here to help life go right®Come join our passionate team!