JOB TITLE: Magento Developer
LOCATION: Ewing Township, NJ 08628
DURATION: ongoing contract, 12+ months
- 75% Development, 25% BA responsibilities; must be polished & client-facing
- eCommerce experience required
- Sits on the Direct To Consumer/DTC team
- 4+ years of Magento Development with balanced experience in front & back end development
- PHP, MySQL
- MUST know Integrations well, API's
- Will work with offshore development teams
- Break fix and enhancements
The D2C Developer IT will be part of the D2C Team and assist with the support and development of the D2C business information technology websites and its architecture. This includes the day-to-day work activities of the support team by completing support tickets, ensuring security and monitoring, performing software upgrades and fixes as well as development project work on specific areas.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Maintain detailed notes and records for each ticket and fully communicate these to appropriate business users and team members.
- Track major issues and participate in all activities around Root Cause Analysis, solutioning, corrections and closures.
- Work closely with the D2C Support Manager to keep apprised of all support activities and metrics.
- Understand the vision of the D2C organization's objectives and complete support and development to achieve them.
- Applies appropriate IT processes, methods, policies, and standards in the completion of support work.
- Ensures support adheres to the corporate frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately
- Participate in Project Knowledge Transition and handoff during cutover, hypercare and closeout activities.
- Run small development initiatives or specific stages of projects as assigned
Education and Technical Experience
- 8-12 Years of overall experience in Web Technologies, 4-6 Years of hands on experience in Magento.
- Experience in all Magento Enterprise 2.x functional modules
- Experience in Magento technical architecture concepts like multi-channel architecture, data modeling, Data Transfer and integrations.
- Expert in Magento Task management (time based/ Event based), internationalization/localization/ personalization concepts.
- Configuration of new Magento plugins.
- Industry experience in ecommerce, both B2B and D2C.
- Expert in PHP/MySQL/Linux/Apache.
- Expert in Zend framework
- Version control (GIT and SVN).
- Proven experience with the Magento and 3rd Party APIs.
- Troubleshoot and resolve bugs found in existing Magento Installations.
- Work on bug fixing, identifying performance issues and improving application performance.
- Deploy code across development, staging, and production environments.
- Should have problem solving, prioritizing tasks, multi-tasking abilities.
- Knowledge of optimization, caching, and scaling techniques.
- Experience with Linux in a web-oriented context.
- Working knowledge on Apache, nginx web server.
- Excellent communication and client handling skill.
- Exposure working in an onsite offshore delivery model.
- Strong OOP (Object Oriented Programming) and RDBMS concepts exposure.
- Good understanding on event-driven and SOA architectures and web services.
- Good knowledge in security and identity management.
- Working knowledge shopping cart development with shipping, and Payment Gateway Integration for E-commerce websites.
- Strong understanding of Design Patterns.
- Cloud platform exposure
- Experience using Microsoft Tools
- Excellent communication and soft skills necessary.
- Consumer packaged goods industry experience preferred.
- Experience in a global environment preferred.
- Experience with Marketing, Direct to Consumer, Call Centers, and Magento preferred.