- Ability to quickly understand and code Mainframe COBOL /DB2 programs per technical and user requirement specifications.
- Provide production support maintaining, troubleshooting, and problem solving with existing State Fund Mainframe COBOL/DB2 business programs and systems.
- Develop project plans and detailed schedules.
- Use industry and/or State Fund mandated standard coding techniques and testing processes
to ensure quality.
- Document all programming work per State Fund standards.
- Enhance existing State Fund systems to meet new business requirements.
- Explain and/or document complex problems and solutions in an understandable manner to both technical and non-technical State Fund personnel.
- Present technical solutions and alternatives to management and decision makers at a level of understanding commensurate with the audience.
- Configure, build and maintain the production run processes. Mainframe job and processes. (JCL,COBOL,DB2,EZTRIEVE)
- Solve problems that arise with database data, production runs and/or the systems products (on-line screens, reports files or interfaces).
- Tuning and optimization of COBOL/DB2 programs and systems.
- Maintenance of system documentation.
- Troubleshoot, Identify and correct reported or suspected errors with code, logic and/or data.
- Apply necessary and discretionary system changes and/or fixes, making system enhancements as required by IT management, business units, statutes, contracts or the system's underlying architecture and/or technology as authorized by State Fund IT management.
- Helpdesk related activities for Policy system related problems and issues.
- Create new applications, programs and/or interfaces in order to resolve problems.
- Technical Lead or assistant with development teams.
- Share knowledge, mentor and train State Fund staff, on a regular and ongoing basis through the State Fund Mentoring and Skills Enhancement program as well as shadowing and consistent transfer of information form Consultants to State Fund project team members.