Job ID: 2117083 Location:
INDIANAPOLIS , IN , US Date Posted:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
NoneClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
SecretPotential for Remote Work:
SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a Senior Mainframe Application Engineer (SABRS)
to support the Technology Services Organization (TSO) Information Technology (IT) Services Contract program under the US Marine Corps. This position is contingent upon contract award, expected in the Fall of 2022.
This position will be located in Indianapolis, IN. Daily work location is still TBD. At a minimum, you will need to be within commuting distance for local meetings in Indianapolis. Job Summary:
The Mainframe Developer will work hands-on developing code and participate in multiple projects. Responsibilities:
• Development activities will include updating existing software and/or developing new programs that add business functionality and solve critical business problem.
• This role will contribute to all development activities in accordance with appropriate methodologies (e.g. Agile, Incremental, Spiral, etc), and the application of a repeatable, systematic and quantifiable approach to the development process.
• Providing advice, training and technical support for various projects Qualifications Clearance Requirement:
Experience, Education and Certification Requirements
- Active DoD Secret Clearance, or must be able to obtain and maintain a government-issued security clearance of Secret or higher; interim may be required before starting
- US citizenship required
- At least eight (8) years experience writing COBOL, PL/I, VM/MVS, TSO, VSAM, DB2, IMS, CICS, Online Legacy Development, CA-7 Scheduler, Endevor (or another source code control system such as Panvalet), IBM Connect Direct, MFTP, zOS Connect.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other relevant technical field
- Hands on experience supporting web operations, network, server infrastructure, most notably across multiple geographically distributed data centers
- Proven understanding of security, efficient code reuse, and software design
- Practical experience with various development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Scrum, Iterative, Waterfall, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience working with object-oriented programming (OOP) and design
- Proven track record of designing and building complex business solutions Skills/Abilities
- Expert knowledge of maintaining and debugging live software systems.
- Expert knowledge of writing program documentation.
- In-depth technical knowledge of the current hardware.
- Expert knowledge of used operating systems.
- Expert knowledge of standard development tools.
- Expert knowledge of networking technologies from the programmers prospective.
- Experience and ability to teach or instruct co-workers.
- Possess excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on verbal and written communication.
- Ability to optimize the performance of code.
- Ability to document what you have done
- Understands code quality analysis results and remediation mechanisms
- Understands security risks for applications and code remediation techniques
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $115,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.