The candidate will work the normal day shift (8:00am to 4:30pm) for the first 4 to 5 months for training. Then they will rotate the shifts so this new person will start the night shift.
Candidate must be willing to work 3rd shift - 12:00am midnight to 8:30 am
This shift would be for the person to arrive in the building around 11:50 pm on a Friday night ready to start work at 12:01 am Saturday morning. This shift would require a person to be at work by 11:50pm on a Friday night, Saturday night, Sunday night, Monday night and Tuesday night. They would be off work from 8:30am Wednesday until 11:50 pm on a Friday night when they would start the next week.
Some duties will include the following in addition to the requirements listed in the skill area:
Monitor mainframe jobs
- Alert appropriate customers/programmers of potential problems.
- Report all job failures and other problems to Program Manager and assist with resolution.
- Report and coordinate resolution of all problems in the absence of Program Manager.
- Assist and provide support to Program Manager
- Knowledgeable in JCL
- Distribute customer daily reports
- Maintain unique scheduling calendar
- Update all documentation (SOPs, logs etc)
- Provide statistics gathered from various sources