- Develop and maintain Java code on the mainframe
- Provide production support as needed
- Document existing logic
- Continue work in agile team to modernize existing systems.
Place of Performance: Remote contractor site within the Washington D.C. Metro area (Arlington)
The client prefers candidates local to Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, other locations will be considered and commuting expenses will not be reimbursed.
- Staff resource skillsets should include:
Bachelors or Master's degree or above with relevant work experience. More experience is required in lieu of a degree.
- Active IRS MBI clearance
- A minimum of 3 8* years collective developing applications in JAVA.
- Experience with JAVA on the mainframe
- 5+ years experience with Mainframe (z/OS preferred)
- 5+ years experience with large scale (100M+ rows) DB2 processing environments
- 5+ years experience with SQL
- 3+ years experience with JCL
- DB2 utilities
- Knowledge of DB2 data structures
- Mainframe utilities and tools
- Cobol experience a plus
- Good understanding of data models
- Prior experience working on Agile teams.
- Excellent communication skills with client stakeholders at all organizational and technical levels
- Demonstrated ability to seek out information (proactive learning)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a larger team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management
- Ability to contribute to a high-performing, motivated workgroup by applying interpersonal and collaboration skills to achieve project goals
- Ability to contribute to the creation of an environment that motivates individuals to work collaboratively as a team