Job Title : Desktop Support
Location : Melbourne, FL
Job Type : Full-time
- Windows 7, Ms Office 2007/10/13 , Internet Explorer, Anti-Virus, Laptop Wireless setups, Hardware Break/Fix Support, LAN Patching, Encryption
- Strong knowledge and experience with Windows operating systems and virtual servers
- Understanding of network, systems and configurations
- A+ certification
- Lenovo Certification must be completed within 3 months of employment
- Must be a team player, possess strong communication skill, and possess a strong customer-centered philosophy.
- Experience as a Desktop Systems Technician or Engineer in a financial setting.
- Lotus Notes, Outlook, Blackberry, Citrix, Active Directory, iOS, Java, Oracle, TCP\IP,
- Market Data Products, Trading Floor Systems
- MCSE, MCSM; Systems and/or Networking Certification a plus
- N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, CNCT, CST, CNST, Apple Certified (ACHDS, ACTC, ACDT, ACPT); and HDI.
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Good understanding of hardware and software PC
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in diagnosing general problems with computer hardware and software with ability to apply solutions to the problems.
- Experience in dealing with anti-virus, anti-spam, wireless communication, mobile devices, and security in the information technology field.
- Experience in handling and liaising with multiple vendors/Partner/Teams.
- Solid knowledge of data communication and networking internet protocols, such as TCP/IP, Ethernet and Serial interface standards, Change Management, and Active Directory.
- Have a fair Knowledge of Data Centers to Provide HnE support.
- Interact with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered client server environment. Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers, and administrative systems.
- Ability to quickly and independently understand new technology, then provide support and consultation on usage of new technologies.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- A strong team player, works effectively under pressure, and ability to multi-task.
- Works in close collaboration with laboratory tech and assisting with installation and maintenance of software.
- Good interpersonal communication skills (verbal, written and listening) since he or she will have daily interaction with faculty, administrators, and staff.
- Good documentation skills. Both English and Local Language.
- Good communication skills. Both English and Local Language.
- Have worked on a Ticketing Tool (Snow/Remedy and understand SLA and OLAs
- Exercise proper judgment taking care of client computers or sensitive data; and consult with supervisor.
- Utilize effective time management skills and sets and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds (monitors, printers, scanners, etc.).
- Special Conditions of Employment:
- May be required to work variable hours and overtime, including weekends.
- Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.