At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you'll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You'll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world's transition to clean energy. Department:
10 Hour, AH21BA Maintenance - Mechanical Function:
Engineering and Engineering Services Job Summary:
The maintenance technician is responsible for maintaining, repairing, and/or replacing the physical equipment in the plant safely, correctly, and efficiently. The technicians meet this responsibility by understanding and adhering to standard maintenance procedures and techniques.
The company will offer training to the level of Maintenance Technician V through practical on the job training and offsite technical seminars Job Description:
1. Install and maintain machinery and equipment using hoists, lift trucks, hand tools, and power tools.
2. Maintain plant equipment (pumps, turbines, compressors, piping, etc.) to precisely stated specifications. This includes installation and disassembly of new or replacement equipment and the ability to troubleshoot or diagnose problems.
3. The technician will insure safety by maintaining a clean work area and shop and also cleans and maintains tools and equipment.
4. Perform diagnostic and preventive maintenance tasks on bearings, pumps, gearboxes, compressors, and turbines.
5. Demonstrate competency in diagnostic and trouble shooting skills.
6. Perform shaft alignment using dial indicators, or electronic alignment equipment.
7. Read and understand repair manuals, order replacement parts, and apply manufacturer's equipment specifications.
8. Perform safe rigging and lifting tasks.
9. Work involves climbing ladders, stairs and use of safety harnesses. Additionally, working out of man lifts or man baskets is required.
10. The position requires coordination of activities with those of others and after developing experience, trains other technicians.
11. The technician needs to be able to follow instructions and procedures, but also work independently. Position Requirements:
1. Minimum H.S. diploma or GED, 2 years trade school or college education preferred.
2. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are needed to develop working relationships with maintenance and operations personnel.
3. The job requires frequent standing, walking, climbing (ladders, stairs), and the ability to lift 80 lbs. occasionally.
4. The job occasionally requires overtime and call-outs on weekends, nights and holidays.
5. Basic computer knowledge
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the "Canadian Human Rights Act".
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK